꒰ la dolce vita ꒱ - dahyun

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "Melting, you're a daydream."
꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 la dolce vita ⸝⸝ kim dahyun
꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song for this chapter: "melting" ⸝⸝ by kali uchis.
ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ

[ Y/N's POV ]
I sat on the couch of my completely furbished room, feeling sad and lonely on such a special day. I mean, I knew that this was going to happen eventually, but I didn't expect for the feeling to hit me like a truck. Looking at my phone lock screen, I waited for a call or a message, but there was absolutely nothing. It was just the hour in a bold font (and in pink, of course), the date, and a picture of the most beautiful woman the world has ever seen. Could have she forgotten of our second anniversary, perhaps?

"No," I shook my head no replying to my thoughts in a loud tone of voice. "She remembers everything. That's not possible."

Kim Dahyun and I have been dating for two years now. The world believes we're simply friends (due to a completely untruthful JYP letter), but we aren't. Unless friends kiss each other on the lips. Or sleep together. Or give each other the best, pleasurable nights of their lives. Or hold hands. Or look at each other in the most loving way possible. To each other, we're a very intense couple, but to her fans and the overall public, we're insanely good friends. Of course, the girls from TWICE and our family knew, but we're not allowed to go outside of that circle and mention our relationship to anyone else.

"All to its time, baby," Dahyun would say. I understood what work came with, but for as much as I understand it, it's quite limiting sometimes. I love her anyways.

Today was supposed to be our second anniversary together, but Dahyun wasn't going to be there. We knew beforehand that we weren't going to be able to be together on our special day. Dahyun had to film her first solo music video and attend a gala in Japan and I had to attend some business inquiries for a couple of days in New York. Dahyun and I said that our first trip was going to be to the Big Apple, mainly because she's been there so many times and because it's both romantic and we can go shopping and never run out of places to visit. Dahyun and I are both addicted shopaholics, and she never gets enough of feeding my addiction. But, still, there I sat on the sofa, completely alone and sad that it's barely 12:00 pm and I haven't gotten any sign of life from my girlfriend. It's been four long and tiresome days of small talk and short messages with acronyms.

I looked at my phone and sighed. I decided to scroll through Pinterest, hoping that the despair would eventually pass. Today was my free day in the city, but, if I'm 100% honest, the city would be prettier if Kim Dahyun was there to explore it with me. I scrolled through Pinterest and found dozens of ideas—from decoration ideas, Whispers, and dolls— but none actually caught my eye. I missed my pretty porcelain doll Dahyun more than anything in the world. After fiddling with the pins on Pinterest, I looked at a collection of American Girl dolls and scanned it. I'm a doll collector myself, and Dahyun promised me to take me to the American Girl store once we traveled to NYC. I know exactly where it is, but I know that going without my girlfriend won't mean anything to me. All of a sudden, I received a long-awaited message from Dahyun.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I ran to the balcony, quickly noticing the all too familiar black BMW pulling up on the driveway. My heart beat way too fast, and the muscles in my face were getting numb from all the smiling. Was my girlfriend really here in the city? To my luck I was in a second floor, because if I weren't to be, I would've thrown myself off the balcony in order to receive my beautiful girlfriend. As I finished getting down from the steps and touching solid ground, I saw her, and my eyes couldn't believe it. Kim Dahyun had really traveled from Japan to spend our second anniversary with me. Her eyes were gleaming against the sun as she saw me and her smile was way too adorable. I had never felt such happiness in my life. Ever.