꒰ merry twenty-fifth ꒱ - jihyo

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "Feeling Christmas all around / And I'm trying to play it cool / But it's hard to focus when I see her walking 'cross the room."
꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 merry twenty-fifth ⸝⸝ park jihyo.
꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song for this chapter: "santa tell me" ⸝⸝ by ariana grande

ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.
!! JIHYO's POV !!

My eyes were heavy as I opened them. There was a tremendously heavy light coming from the window. The nightmare I had just woken up from was still playing in my mind, processing as the gears in my head shriveled. It was a cold morning even if I was wrapped in my warmest cotton pajamas. I could feel the cold from outside the window heaping through the walls of our shared bedroom. Tossing and turning, my arm extended to my right, not feeling my girlfriend's warmth.

My eyes immediately dashed open and traveled all over the room. Why was she not there? Was my nightmare a reality, after all? Still drowsy, I recapitulated my nightmare.

"Jihyo, I can't stand you anymore! That's it, I'm leaving you!" her voice echoed in my dream. For a second, I thought it was real.

Other than some other types of nonsense you usually see in dreams, it consisted of Y/N dumping me in the middle of our family Christmas party because I didn't get the right Christmas tree. That reminded me: I have to get the fucking tree.

I stormed up from the bed, despite the hell-bound cold. Where was Y/N at these hours of the morning? Yawning, I walked to the sink, spotting that only my phone was charging and Y/N's was gone. I tapped on the screen to see five messages from my disappearing girlfriend.

I stormed as I looked at the hour

I stormed as I looked at the hour. Fuck, I had over-slept.

We'd been together for three years now; her family still struggles to accept us, but they're chill. Her mother's sometimes a little hesitant, but they're managing it. I mean, it's valid, but it's been a while now. Whatever, I'm guessing. Anyways, we've decided to hold a Christmas dinner with our friends and family tonight, just like the ones she had when she was a child. The thing is that she won't be home all day and I have to make sure is set 'till she gets home.

"The goddamn tree," I murmured pulling the first outfit I found from my closet. It was cold outside.

I threw my clothes on and I heard the doorbell. Just in time. Running towards the door, I saw Kang Daniel.

"Hey," he smiled as I opened the huge door.

Funny thing is that my ex is my girlfriend's best friend. Yeah, you can guess what happened there and how our story developed.

"Morning," I opened the door and smiled. "Ready?"

I remembered I texted Y/N immediately, but she hadn't answered, which was strange. She always answers quickly. On the other hand, Daniel was strangely interested in our lives during the car ride. I swear he's literally a yellow Minion (or, a child).