꒰ bettie page: a tom's diner memory ꒱ - momo

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "bettie page is still the rage with her legs and leather."
꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 bettie page ⸝⸝ hirai momo.
꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song for this chapter: "pornographer's dream"⸝⸝ by suzanne vega.
꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 note : this chapter is a flashback of the series and third part (well, not really, but yes) of the "tom's diner" series.
꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 enjoy JichusWife  ! A new chapter for this is on its way ! <33
ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ

[ MOMO'S POINT OF VIEW ]

"Oh, Momo, dear, come in. Take a seat," my father smiled gently.

"Father, you called. Why?" I asked, brushing my recently-bleached hair to the side.

"Darling, you know how big the Hirai name is, right?" He asked politely.

"Of course, Father, I do," I nodded attentively. "We're one of the most powerful names in Asia. It means the world to you and Mother."

"Good, Momo," he nodded in approval. "You do know how my biggest wish is that that title soon changes? I do not wish to possess one of the most powerful names, but to be the most powerful name in all Asia, right? Not only that, my little raccoon, but for you, the heiress, to have a good and successful future with my company after your mother and I die?"

"Yes, Father," I continued to nod. I wondered where he wanted to go with this.

Typical of my father, he speaks and I abhor. He looked at me patiently, but my eyes wandered to his framed and authentically signed posters of Bettie Page on his wall. The smell of dust and leather filled the room, accompanied by the hint of fine and expensive business-sealing whiskey. Father continued to look at me, expecting an ounce of authentic interest from my part. I knew the gears in my old man's head whirred, trying to find a way, as always, to catch my attention. Usually done with something from my personal life. I was a self-built high school student, for fuck's sake.

"I know everything, sweetheart," he chuckled with a dominant smirk. He's an expert in changing his mood every five seconds.

Something in me knew what he's referring to, but I refused to accept it. I decided to play it cool and ask him about what.

I furrowed my eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He smiled wider. "Oh, darling, you never fail to amuse me."

I furrowed my eyebrows. This couldn't be.

"You and the airlines girl, sweetheart. You and your homosexual affair with L/N's daughter," he looked at me with his almond eyes. His eyes grew darker and darker.

I gulped; no muscle in my face moved, whilst my head went inside, screaming and crying. "We're just friends, nothing more."

"Oh, 'friends'? Really, Momo? Whom do you think you can fool so easily?" Father smiled.

I looked down and gulped, for there was nothing crossing through my head at that moment. I just knew that Y/N was in danger. the sting of tears in my eyes was starting to grow, but I wasn't going to cry. I must show no emotion with a beast like my father. He swung in his office chair, looking lazily around his office. There was a disgusting smile in his face.

"She's a pornographer's dream," he said with a disgusting smile. I knew what he meant.

Even so, it made me imagine: what kind of dream he would have that hadn't been spent? My father is visibly a womanizer and my mother knows that; she just doesn't care. She has the money and she has everything she wants; fidelity can be found anywhere else, just not with my dad. I was repulsed by how my father had referred to her. The phrase "pornographer's dream" is an old phrase. Everyone wants what they can't have. It's what he means by it.

What dreams did he possibly have? He had everything he wanted for himself.

"She's wanted, Momo, by many," he chuckled. "If I may be so bold, I would've desired her myself if I was your age."

I was disgusted.

"She's a Bettie, or maybe a Marilyn. She's just a small girl facing the cruel world," he continued. "You're just a rock in her shoe."

I clenched my fingers in disgust and anger. I knew Y/N wasn't safe if my father knew she existed. I can't trust him at all.

"Why, Momo? Just why? Why would you stain the L/N last name by this stupidity?" He exclaimed.

His words repulsed me. Any punishment he decided to give me was enough, but no one calls my Y/N—specially our relationship— a "stupidity.

"Sweetie, I know you're angry. I would be, too, but, listen, Momo, this is for your own good," Father said, now in a tone usually used by mothers with their 5-year olds. "You're going to leave her and break her heart, or she'll pay the consequences for your mistakes."

My jaw was starting to hurt and my knuckles were spasming, but I had to have self-control. It's a virtue I was practicing, but relentessly it wasn't working. This was Daddy's way of proving me, but I had to control my emotions and be smarter than him. Sadly, for as much as I tried to control myself, I couldn't. Tears rolled down my face and my reflex was to grab my father from his collar.

"Listen to me, you old bag of shit, if something happens to her because of your idiotic behavior, I will murder you myself. Was I clear?" I said between my teeth.

He laughed mockingly at me. "Is that a threat, Hirai? Is that a way to talk to your own flesh and blood? I told you, leave her, break her, and nothing will happen to the girl."

I couldn't. I had to protect her from what my father was capable of doing, and there was no one better for protecting her than me. I knew my father. This was my way for being smarter than him.

I didn't have a plan, but I knew I had to protect her. For that, I had to play his game. I let his collar go and pushed him back on his office chair.

"What's the answer, then?" Dad asked. I nodded at him.

"Now, you see, Momo, she's going to get married, you see. Her parents are planning on arranging her; something like that, I suppose," he giggled. "And, at some point, you might be arranged yourself if you keep wasting your life. However, since I'm such an understanding father, I won't expose my little girl to an unkown man. You see, she has her destiny, and I bet you'd love to see her happy and prosperous, right? Therefore, you shall let her go, right?"

At this point I was crying. No, I wasn't going to leave her.

"Something going on in your head, Momo?" Father asked.

I nodded; tears rolled down my face. "Yeah. Fuck you, old man."

And I stormed away from his office.

"Your choices define who you are, Momo. Stubborn as always," Father said as I stormed off. "Well, looks like you chose to go through the hard path."

My father was a monster. A terrifying monster. But, somehow his words still ring in my head. I wanted something I couldn't have, but sure as hell was I willing to fight for it. And, so, I did.