꒰ pied piper ꒱ - momo

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "follow the sound of the pipes, follow this song."

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 pied piper ⸝⸝ momo.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song of the day: pied piper ⸝⸝ BTS.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 this is just the first part (pilot) of a new small series I'll be writing in this book. Enjoy <3

ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ

The warmth in my bed was undescribable. The extreme comfort I was feeling was beyond the words of any poet. The depth of my quilt was like being covered in a hug from her, the most quixotic woman I had ever laid my eyes on. A faint smile left my lips as I expected her to wrap me in her arms, but, these were taking an awful while to wrap themselves around me. In a sudden refusal to open my eyes, I softly put my feet to the side she was supposed to be on: NOTHING.

Opening my eyes all of a sudden, I shifted to the side Momo was sleeping in, and there was nothing. Perhaps the only thing left of Momo in that bed was her sweet scent and the warmth of her body on it. I don't understand. Momo left, but why? I sat on the bed, desperately looking to all my sides, anxious of where she could've possibly gone. My lethargy rapidly disappeared as I blamed myself for what could've possibly been the reason on why Momo left my apartment.

Getting up from the bed, I threw the quilt on the floor and ran to the kitchen to find nothing. I could still smell her sweet aroma lingering around my apartment. Of course, due to last night's events, almost everything—furniture, etc. —had her scent. I tried calling her name, but, still, nothing. All that was left was her scent and her memory in my head. I looked at my surroundings—the kitchen counter, the kitchen island, the couch—and all was found was the solace I had previously been in before Momo showed up. I thought to myself, where is she and why did she leave me? After we found each other again, we promised that this wasn't going to be a simple one-night stand. Apparently, Momo hadn't taken that covenant at heart as I thought she had done. I suddenly stopped in my tracks, and I closed my eyes to keep myself together. Immediately after opening my eyes, a loose leaf of paper resting on the kitchen island caught my eye. I walked towards the loose leaf paper, unfolding it and reading what seemed like Momo's handwriting:

"To my dearest Y/N,

If you are currently reading this, this means that I have left your apartment at around 8:56 am, and you're probably wondering where I went. I know I left you without saying goodbye, but we both know that if I would've said goodbye you wouldn't have let me go. That being said, I had to kiss your forehead and take my leave. Even so, I promise you I will be back for you.

We found each other after a long time. I know you'd been looking for me for quite a while, but we happened to find each other out of mere coincidence. After I ran away from home back in high school, you had been waiting for me to come back, but I never did. You spent years looking for me, until you finally gave up and decided to continue your life as if I had never met you. This—you moving on—is what I want you to do for me, once again.

Ever since we collided in high school, we both knew that there were high stakes and that it was dangerous. Your family did their best to keep you away from me, and your father's conditions were very dangerous. Even so, the more dangerous it was, the more you were determined to find me. It's more dangerous, so it's better for you, I'm supposing. I know you're aware deep inside that if I would've stayed, things would have changed for you. Y/N, your parents and your boss hate me. I know it will be hard; you can't avoid what you like. But, stop and study for your test. We found each other after so many years, so please stick to that. It won't be an hour, for as much as I want it to be, just a year. I'll disappear once again, and I promise I'll be back on the day you graduate. Please do not think I am 'punishing you', but this letter is a reward for believing in yourself and moving on from me. Throw a fit, my love, but it's no use. I'm already far away. Even so, as far as I may be, I promise you that I will be back exactly on the day you graduate. That being said, close your eyes, tune your ears, follow the sound of the pipes and finish. I will be there once you do so. I am here to save you, but I'm also here to ruin you.

You've always been the type of girl that enjoys taking risks. You find it satisfying to get yourself in danger and do your best to come out of that issue without a single scratch. I know that the thought of leaving everything behind to search for me is crossing through your mind, but I told you not to. I will be back in a year, I promise. It's dangerous, but I'm so sweet, according to you. You know the challenge has already begun, and, like the pied piper, I'm testing you. As stubborn as you may be, you feel pulled by me; the sound burns you up even more, and you react. For years, I've been aware that I'm your guilty pleasure, sometimes dangerous; you can't escape me, but that doesn't seem to be such an issue for you, right, my love?

Once again, repeating myself, I will come back to you in a year. If I'm ruining you more now than when I was sleeping with you—or maybe even more than when we were in high school—please forgive me, because I can't live without you. You know all this, and I wish for you to triumph and focus on what's actually important. After you finish, I will be back for you, and I will stay for you forever, like I've always wanted to do. I can't even handle myself when I'm not with you, but this is a sacrifice I am willing to make if your future depends on it, even if I'm not with you fully. Don't worry, Y/N, my hands are only warm for you. Close your eyes, my darling, and I will be there like I have always been. I love you endlessly.

Your one and only,

Momo."

My eyes stung and my tears had fallen on the paper, smearing the fresh ink. I wasn't able to control my sobs and my chest was starting to hurt from all the air in my trachea. After all these years, we found each other, and now she's leaving me again? Didn't she miss me? Did she just want to spend a night with me to relive all the memories, and then leave as if nothing had happened? My tears kept falling on the paper and I glanced at it again. Puzzled, I smeared one of the last letters in the letter; it smeared. I squinted my eyes to watch the ink, and that's when I got it. Ever since high school, Momo calways had her grandfather's calligraphy pen with her. It was a Limited Edition Boehme Papillion Pen by Montblanc. That pen caused so much turmoil in her family, until she decided to keep it. The pen is worth approximately 297,574,515₩ (which is approximately $230,410). Like any other calligraphy pen, it's pretty runny once you write with it. That being said, calligraphy ink takes about 10-15 minutes to dry, which means this letter was written during that specific time. Remembering the letter's first words, it clearly said 8:56 am. The clock is currently at 9:05. Momo had left just a few minutes ago. I could still get her, but I hesitated.

No, I didn't hesitate. I had to.

That's when I read it: "Tom's Diner".