꒰ touch me ꒱ - dahyun.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 " i don't wanna complain, but you're stuck on me like a moth to a flame."

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃touch me ⸝⸝ kim dahyun

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 songs for this chapter: "moth" ⸝⸝ by georgia twinn and "guys my age" by hey violet.

ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ

"Okay, so you guys were paired together for the show," my manager and best friend Binna informed. "You and Dahyun are the winning couple on the show so far. Our superiors are expecting an amazing show as always. Your last performance with Dahyun was a massive success, and I'm more than sure that you guys will win this thing."

I nodded slowly. Here comes another emotional rollercoaster. "Is there a specific topic we need to follow or do we just arrange it ourselves?"

"Nope, this performance is free topic, so surprise us. Shi-yu already spoke to Dahyun," she looked at my planner. "I arranged your agenda for this week, and you'd be rehearsing every day from 11:40 am 'till 4:00 pm. You and Dahyun's lunch break is subject to be chosen whenever you guys want to. The performance is next Friday at 6:00 pm, as usual."

"Noted. Same ritual as always? We'll get transported, yadda yadda yadda?" I asked.

"Mhm, same as always. You girls better put on a good show. Next week's Dance72's finals," Binna said, opening the door, about to leave. "Oh- also, don't forget the most important part of it all."

"Which would be, Miss Woo?" I asked, not knowing what she meant with 'important thing'.

"The fan service," Binna smiled and squealed like a fan girl. "It's what brings the most views of all. And you guys pretend really well. I even ship you guys and all." Binna took her leave and left me and my incandescent thoughts alone.

Oh, yeah. Fan service. I forgot to explain, didn't I? Kim Dahyun, as you may know her, is, of course, the famous Korean idol. I myself am L/N Y/N a recognized performer, but I wouldn't necessarily call myself an idol. Idols train for months to years and sign with a big entertainment company; I myself didn't. My talent for singing and dancing is innate, and I decided to keep myself low-key. I signed with a small company and I started producing independent music. Even so, my sense of style gained me popularity within some years. What's so big about me? Well, I write songs about loving women openly, and, well, that's interesting.

Binna has always been my manager, and she motivated me to get out of my comfort zone. She signed me up in Dance72, a show where, if you pass certain auditions, you get selected and paired with a famous idol of the K-pop industry, to perform a series of presentations and compete for a contract as a duo group in a huge company. I was paired with Dahyun due to "our compatible personalities and stage presence".

This would be our fifth and last performance of the season. I was paired with Jang Wonyoung, but the judges changed us last-minute. Of course, I was excited to work with Wonyoung, but I wanted to die once I was paired with the one n' only Kim Dahyun. Working with Dahyun has given me the chance to see another side of her: the human, hard-working side of her. She has feelings, a huge appetite, needs, and more. My admiration for Kim Dahyun evolved into a crush and now, I admit, it evolved into love. I am in love with K-pop sensation Kim Dahyun. For as cliché as it may sound, I fell in love with what many women desire. The thing is that Dahyun considers it "just fan service".

Openly being a lesbian in the industry isn't hard but it isn't easy, either. Let me tell you, by my own experience, I've met more members of the LGBTQ+ community in the industry than straight people. The industry is filled with gay people (mostly women), but with Korea being as homophobic as it is, idols' chances of coming out decrease every time. Binna suggested Dahyun and I's dynamic (you know, the "fan service") because it "sells" more than freshly-baked brownies. We have a different concept compared to everyone else's, and that's one of the reasons on why we're the winning contestants so far. Every song we choose tends to tell a story. The songs we've chosen could be interpreted from a sapphic perspective, and, with the choreography, we turn it into a love story between women. People really root for us, and I could say that "our fan service" has its own internet cult and everything. I was amazed when I found out that we had gotten the most votes.