꒰ cynosure ꒱ - nayeon

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "You're still the same. You still can't forgive me. Is the wound I inflicted on you unable to heal?"

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 cynosure ⸝⸝ im nayeon.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song for this chapter: "precious love" ⸝⸝ by twice.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 hey, onces, and merry christmas, if you celebrate it! author-chan here, wishing you a happy new year full of many blessings and love. today's chapter is a little long, but it's the perfect rom-com that you love. as you know, this new year means tons of new projects by me, made with love for you. i can't wait to share my projects with you see you, and happy reading<33

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 ignore the whatsapp screenshot; the website was acting up.
ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ

I cringed at my phone, where in my screen appeared my mother's invitation. The frilly pink dress I was wearing wasn't enough to give me the sweetness that had just been sucked out of me.

"A family Christmas dinner?!" I exclaimed, unwilling to believe what I had just read. "My family barely gets together, so why is there a dinner happening this year?"

I was frustrated. Along with my mother's invitation was a small text that said, "Don't forget to bring your s/o this year. 😉😘"

I groaned, not knowing what to do. "What am I gonna do? I haven't seen my whole family in years—only my sister and parents—and now I have to see them?"

To be fair, my family's going to be expecting me to bring someone to the dinner, now that I'm an idol. What to do? No idea. The invitation read December 24th, and it was already the the night of 22rd. The comfort of my own room wasn't enough to muffle the frustration I was feeling. "Oh, I got it! I just won't go."

It was already night, and I was despicably tired. Who knew becoming an idol could be so tiresome? The glitter in my makeup was starting to pierce on my eyelids, and my feet were cold. It was time to take a shower and go to sleep. The Christmas performance with my group had left me exhausted. Nothing that couldn't be resolved the day after, right? And, so I did. I went to sleep and nothing was going to deprive me from my deserved sleep.

However, that didn't go as planned, of course. I couldn't stop thinking about the family dinner. Something in me wanted to go back to the valley I grew up in; that "something" wanted to see my family. However, the other half of me didn't want to fear rejection again. I haven't seen my family in ages, and now that I'm a successful idol, I have other things to worry about. All my family does is criticize, compare, and, most importantly, all they do is share their opinions on everything. My father's side is particularly judge-y, too, but nothing compares to my mother's. I love them, of course, but I promised myself that I was going to run away from all the criticizing and comparing once I debuted. Even if I decided to live in a world that's worse than my family, the hate doesn't hurt as much when it's from strangers.

My eyes closed, but I never fell into the slumber I longed. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I had received a message. I shifted on my bed to reach my phone on my nightstand. It lit up as soon as I grabbed it, almost blinding me. Thousands or KakaoTalk notifications, along Bubble's, but my eyes were immediately drawn to the blue icon at the top of my screen. Nayeon was live.

It looked like she was playing in her closet, or something.