꒰ demure, no plethora ꒱ - jihyo.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "it's tactless, it's a test. it's just thérèse."

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "demure, no plethora"⸝⸝ park jihyo.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song for this chapter: "thérèse"⸝⸝ by maya hawke.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 choosing a title has never been so hard for me, y'all. i couldn't find a title that really match the concept for this chapter, but i realized it's not that bad. i wanted to captivate the poetic essence for this chapter.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 this chapter is written from jihyo's point of view. happy reading <33
ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ

The sunny haze peeped through the fine and sheer polyester curtains of our shared bedroom. Opening my eyes, the light was shiny enough to blind me, but it wasn't as shiny as the ray of sunlight next to me. I shifted to Y/N's side and looked at her sheepishly, for even after all these years, looking at her gives me butterflies. The way her cheeks glowed beautiful against the sun's incandescence was enough to become the coffee to my morning.

I thought for a while and glanced at the digital clock next to her side of the bed; it read 8:00 am. Her beauty was enough to start my day so perfectly. The sky was as clear as water; it was the perfect Saturday morning. Due to Y/N being a heavy sleeper, I had no issue getting up the bed. Plus, this week has been strong enough to put an elephant to sleep. She looked so angelic as she slept.

I walked to the closet quietly, and grabbed a white sailor dress I had. I hadn't worn it in a while now, and the morning, blue sky quietly whispered for me to wear it. I was very inspired, you see. The constant writing blockage I had been having was slowly melting away like a wax candle in the middle of a hot night. The morning had given me a new beginning to this weekend, in a way, and I realized that being trapped inside wasn't going to help me write.

I snooped into our closet and grabbed the white sailor dress. I immediately took my pajamas off and slid the dress on. I took a deep breath and smiled; all that was missing was something to do with my hair, all disheveled and messy, as always. With a frown on my face, I took strand of my hair and tied half of it back. Perfect. I got out of the closet and took one last look at Y/N, who was still peacefully sleeping. I smiled and headed out of the bedroom. I walked down the hallway, where the clarity of the sun shone through the glass windows. I seeped through the window to look at the daisy field outside; could this day get even better? I slid the sliding door of the terrace and grabbed my song journal from the small coffee table, shortly feeling the satisfying cold of the morning against my warm face.

Bare-foot I walked on the moist, freshly-cut grass, feeling the earthy feeling against my toes

Bare-foot I walked on the moist, freshly-cut grass, feeling the earthy feeling against my toes. When I was outside admiring, nothing could stop me. I had never felt more at home than now. My eyes scanned the open field for Y/N and I's favorite spot: the apple tree. Millions of daisies painted our beautiful backyard, giving it a shiny hue and vibrance. The sun was beyond perfection; this was my version of paradise.