1.13 ~ Know Your Frenemies

"If lying was a crime? We'd all be in jail

"If lying was a crime? We'd all be in jail."
- Emily Fields

I sighed as I got up from the bench. Worst night ever, but I couldn't go back to Mike's house or to the school. I didn't bother thinking about it though. It was pretty early in the morning so not many people were up.

I made my way to the Grille so I could use their bathroom since there was no where else that I could do any of my morning routine stuff. I sighed and looked in the mirror one last time before heading outside where I saw Emily and Spencer there.

"Morning girls." I say as I take a seat at their table. "Hey we missed you at Hanna's party last night." Spencer says as she takes out her phone. "Yeah I was... preoccupied." I say as I look down. "Who are you calling?" I ask confused as I see her type into her phone.

"Hilton Head."

I raise an eyebrow at Emily confused as Spencer starts speaking in a southern accent. "Hi. I'm plannin' a surprise visit for my husband, and he cannot stop talking about the room he had on his last visit. Can you pull up that registration? His name is Ian Thomas."

"Why are you doing this?" Emily asks confused. Spencer just sighs as she holds the phone. "I think Ian and Alison were together. The weekend before she disappeared. Do you remember how Alison was acting when she got home from visiting her grandmother? All giggles and tan?" Spencer asks as she whispers to us.

"Yeah." I say recalling the memory. "Ali hated old people, and Ali's grandmother lived in Georgia. Hilton Head was in South Carolina." Spencer explains to us.

"So what? Alison lied more than she breathed." Emily says stating the obvious. "You think that was enough to make Ian want to permanently shut her up?" She adds on.

"Wow and I thought you'd be happy to hear it was anybody but Toby." Spencer says confused. "All Toby wanted was for me to believe him. And I didn't." Emily explains to us.

"But Toby lied about a lot of things too." I tell her. "I thought you'd be happy it wasn't Toby either?" Spencer asks confused. I just sigh as I put my head on the table.

"I'm conflicted."

Emily just sighs as she turns to us. "If lying was a crime. We'd all be in jail."

I just sigh as I lift my head up. "True." I say as I cross my arms. I smile when I see Agent Cooper exit the Grille. "Agent Cooper. Good morning!" I say with a smile.

"Beautiful day, huh?" Cooper says as she looks around. I just sigh and nod my head. "Looks like someone traded in their heels for wheels." Emily says as we see Hanna approach us.

"They're flats, but they are ferragamos." Hanna explains as she walks up to us.

"Thank you." Spencer says as she ends the phone call.

"The food in this town is to die for. I'm missing it already." Cooper tells us. "Are you going somewhere?" Hanna questions as she turns to her.

"Came here to find the person that killed your friend." She explains to us. "Toby Cavanaugh may be out on bail, but he's not leaving town. And we have a solid case against him. So unless you have a reason for me to stay..."