3.21 ~ Out of Sight, Out of Mind

"You're supposed to stop her from doing stupid things like this, not help

"You're supposed to stop her from doing stupid things like this, not help."
- Emily Fields

It was later that night when I ran into Spencer's room. I was out of breath standing next to the door when I saw them turn to me. "Spence. Are you okay? Thank god Aria got here when she did." I say as I walk up to her.

"I didn't expect you to be here." Spencer says shocked.

"Aria texted me saying that you knew who was helping Mona." I say as I point to her. "I'm not missing this. Whoever this is scared Jason enough to run him out of town. I'm not letting them get away with it." I say firmly.

I take a deep breath as Emily pulls me into a side hug. I give her a small smile as I hug her back. "So who is it? Who's helping Mona?" I ask impatiently.

"We should wait for Hanna." Spencer says nervously. "No. This is too important to wait." Aria says worried.

"Okay, but you guys need to know that I've been warned not to tell you." Spencer says worried. "Well, what else is new?" Aria asks annoyed.

"Wait a minute. You knew who it was before tonight?" Emily asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, I've known for a few weeks." Spencer says nervously. "Why didn't you tell us any sooner?" I ask confused.

"I wanted to be sure. I didn't want to believe that it could be true, but after tonight happened, I can't keep this to myself anymore." Spencer says as she looks up at me.

"Toby is 'A'."

~

I just scoff as I start pacing back and forth in the room. "So, what are we saying?" I ask as I clasp my hands together.

"That what Ali wrote in Emily's notebook was true? That Toby secretly hated us ever since Ali threw that firecracker in his garage?" Aria asks confused.

"Yeah, I guess so." Spencer says in disbelief.

"And the whole time that you two... were together, he was just pretending." I say as I point to Spencer.

"Okay, we all know how much Toby loves you. This can't be true. There has to be more to the story." Emily says worried.

"If he loved me, he would not let me sit outside of his loft bawling my eyes out for hours." Spencer says frustrated. "Okay? He wouldn't have taken everything out of 'A's lair when he knew that I had the key."

"He wouldn't be trying to hurt me... Us!" Spencer yells frustrated.

"I'm so sorry, Spence." Aria says sadly. "Mona must have something over him." Emily suggests unsure.

"Trust me, I have tried to come up with every possible explanation as to why he could be doing this, and it all leads back to the same conclusion." Spencer says frustrated.