5.24 ~ I'm a Good Girl, I Am

"This could be sauce

"This could be sauce."
- Spencer Hastings

We all sat in the court room the next day as we waited for the surprise witness to show up. "Counselor, will you call your next witness, please?" The judge asks making us all turn to him.

"The Commonwealth calls Lesli Stone to take the stand." He says as he stands up. I quickly turn my head to see Lesli walk through the doors.

"Where the hell...?" I mumble as I watch her walk down.

"I knew she was trouble." Emily whispers worried. "Where's she been all this time?" Aria asks confused.

"Probably took her a while to cross the River Styx." Spencer says annoyed.

All of us watch as she takes the oath before walking up to the stand. "So you hadn't seen your friend since the school year began, but you were in constant communication." He starts as he paces back and forth.

"Mona and I talked on the phone a lot. We grew very close last summer. We texted all the time." Lesli says with a smile.

"And on one occasion, Mona actually sent you a card, correct?" He asks as he holds it up. "Yes." She says in agreement.

"And in this card, mailed two weeks before Thanksgiving, what did Mona tell you?" He asks as he shows it to the juries.

"She was having a hard time, and she had been threatened by her." Lesli says as she points at Alison.

"And what was the nature of this threat?" He asks curiously.

"Ali said if Mona opened her trap about the fake kidnapping that she'd be eaten by worms." Lesli says annoyed.

"Objection. Hearsay." Rebecca says annoyed.

"The witness is quoting the victim, Your Honor. It's all in the card." He says as he shows him the card.

"Objection overruled." The judge says as he turns to her. "And why have you decided to share this card with us now, Lesli?" He asks curiously.

"I couldn't find it. It came during midterms, and I stuck it in a textbook. And honestly, I didn't take it seriously enough." Lesli says on the verge of tears.

"Why?" He asks curiously.

"Everyone has feuds in high school. I didn't realize what Mona was dealing with until it was too late. And then, when I came to see her mom, um..." She says with tears in her eyes.

"What happened then?" He asks curiously.

"I realized something weird was going on. Even though Alison was already locked up, her friends were all on edge about anyone asking any questions, or touching Mona's things. I was practically attacked by Mona's boyfriend for borrowing a book from her room." Lesli says firmly.