7.15 ~ In the Eyes Abides the Heart

"Yeah, it's not like making lasagna

"Yeah, it's not like making lasagna."
- Emily Fields

I held the phone in my hands as the others gathered around me. "I wonder why A.D. wants you to tell Jason." Aria says confused.

"Why does A.D. want us to do any of this? I mean, what are they gaining out of ruining our lives?" I ask frustrated.

"All of us locked up in prison together so they could take us to another dollhouse?" Hanna asks annoyed. "Hanna you're not helping." Alison says annoyed.

"I'm sorry." Hanna says quietly.

"This can't be happening. First they put Caleb in the hospital and now they're trying to ruin my relationship with Jason. If he finds out what we did then--" I say but Spencer cuts me off. "Just tell him as little as possible." She says quietly.

"No if you're going to tell him, you have to tell him the whole truth about that night. Just do it quick. Rip it off like a band-aid." Aria says as she turns to me.

"Either way he's still going to hate me for keeping secrets from him." I say worried.

"Do you still want me to call him?" Alison asks nervously.

I take a deep breath as I run my fingers through my hair. "No. I'll tell him tomorrow." I say nervously. "Do you want us to stay with you tonight?" Emily asks concerned.

I hold my stomach as I look up at her. "I'll be fine. If it's okay Alison, I'm gonna head to the guest bedroom and get some sleep." I say as I get up from the couch.

"Yeah, of course. We'll see you in the morning." She says as she pulls me into a hug.

"Night." I say as I walk away from them.

~

It was the next day when I met up with the girls at the Brew. Hanna was telling us how Lucas knows Charles and that Emily got a blood test to see if Alison was really pregnant with her baby. I held the cup of coffee in my hands as Spencer walked over to us.

"What happened at the clinic?" She asks curiously.

"When we explained the situation they said they'd rush the blood test." Emily explains to us. "You explained things?" Hanna asks worried.

"Sort of explained." Emily says nervously.

"What do you think this means?"  Aria asks as she shows us the picture.

"It means that the world is much smaller than we ever thought." I mumble as I take a sip of my coffee.

"Lucas lied to us he said he didn't know anything about Charlotte." Emily says confused. "Maybe he didn't." Hanna says making us turn to her.

"Maybe he was friends with a boy named Charles a long time ago." She explains to us.

"Or maybe it was more than one summer. Maybe they stayed friends at Radley and what happened after that." Aria says as she sets the picture down.