5.4 ~ Thrown From The Ride

"One girl checks out and another one checks in

"One girl checks out and another one checks in."
- Mona Vanderwaal

It was the next day. The two of us were snuggled up together in his bed. His arm wrapped around my waist as we faced each other. I smile as his eyes flutter open. "Morning." I say with a smile.

"Morning beautiful." He says in his morning voice.

I smile and close my eyes as he kisses my forehead. "I'm sorry about last night. You were right. I can't run from my problems." He says as he holds my hand.

"Whatever it is you're dealing with. Whether or not you want to tell me, just know that I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." I say as I rub my thumb over his knuckles.

"Thank you." He says as he pulls me close to him.

~

It was later that day when I hung out with Aria and Hanna in the court yard. There were books out in display that the school was giving away. I smile and glance up at Hanna before looking back down at the book in my hands.

"You hate it." Hanna says worried.

"No, I don't hate it. I actually really like it." Aria says with a smile. "I love the black and blonde contrast. It looks good on you." I say with a smile.

"I'm just confused why the sudden impulse." I say as I shrug my shoulders.

"I wanted to be spontaneous." Hanna says annoyed. "Hanna, you're not spontaneous. You make a Pinterest board before you change your nail polish." Aria says annoyed.

I raise an eyebrow at her confused as she flips through The Scarlett Letter. "What's wrong?" I ask confused. "Nothing." Hanna says nervously.

"Hanna." Aria says annoyed. "This was Shana's." Hanna whispers as she shows us the book.

"What?" Aria asks as she takes the book from her. "Let's just put it back." Hanna says quickly. "No, no, no. Hold on a second." Aria says as she flips through it.

I take a deep breath and look over her shoulder as she lands on a page with underlines.

"Oh my God, look what she underlined." Aria says as she points to it.

"It is a curious subject whether hatred and love be not the same thing at bottom. Each leaves the passionate lover, or the no less passionate hater, forlorn and desolate by the withdrawal of his subject." I read out loud.

"Aria, it's probably just a school assignment." Hanna says reassuring her. "No, this is about Ali and Jenna and us. This is about being 'A'." Aria says as she holds up the book worried.

"No, this is about you trying to paw through Shana's things when you should be trying to forget about her." I say annoyed.

"Well, there might be something in here." Aria whispers worried.