3.22 ~ Will the Circle Be Unbroken?

"I'm Jane Doe

"I'm Jane Doe."
- Spencer Hastings

It was the next day when we were all hanging out in the court yard looking for Spencer. "I was hoping she'd be here, but she isn't." Emily says annoyed.

"Do you think Spencer just didn't get your SOS?" Aria suggests unsure.

"Maybe, but she must have gotten one of the other twelve messages we sent." Emily says annoyed.

"Okay, you guys, she has ditched school before." Hanna says reassuring us. "Alright? It's no big deal."

"Yeah, you're right I guess." Emily says in defeat.

"Okay, we just need to get through today. If she doesn't call or show up, we'll go to her house after school." I suggest as we start to walk away.

"Girls, good. You're all together."

I look up confused as I see Melissa walk over with Principal Hackett. "I think you know Spencer's sister, Melissa..." He says as we turn to her.

"Have you seen Spencer? Have you talked to her?" Melissa asks worried. "Not today." I say confused.

"Is something wrong?" Aria asks worried. "Spencer didn't come home last night. She's not answering her phone. I was hoping she was here with you." Melissa explains to us. "Which is why I came here before I went to the police." She adds on.

"Wait, the police?" I ask confused.

"I understand Spencer's been a little distracted lately? Is there something on her mind that she shared with you? Anything about her plans?" He asks concerned.

"No, Mr. Hackett, um... She hasn't said anything to us." I explain nervously.

"You're her friends. She must of said something." Melissa says impatiently. I silently gulp as none of us say a word.

"You can, uh, call the police from my office." Mr. Hackett suggests as he points towards the doors.

"Thank you." Melissa says gratefully.

"Let me know if you hear from Spencer." Mr. Hackett says as he walks away. "Yes sir." Aria says as we watch them walk away.

~

It was later that day when we all exited the school together. "Melissa must have the police looking for Spencer by now." Emily says worried.

"I do not need more police in my life." Hanna says annoyed. "Yeah, none of us do." Aria says in agreement.

"Okay, the only thing that counts right now is finding her." I say as we stop our tracks. "Now are you sure that Spencer didn't say anything about what she was going to do?" I ask as I turn to Emily curiously.

"Just that I should stop looking for Toby." Emily explains to us.

"What are we supposed to do, just sit in our rooms and do our homework?" Aria asks confused. "We look for her." I say as I cross my arms.