4.14 ~ Who's in the Box?

"Rest in peace, Jane Doe

"Rest in peace, Jane Doe."
- Spencer Hastings

It was later that night when we all hung out in Spencer's bedroom. I sat on the bed, my hands clasped together as we discussed the encounter we just had with Alison. "Where has she been hiding all this time?" Hanna asks confused.

"I don't know." I say as I put my chin on my hands.

"Do you think she's been hiding right here in Rosewood?" Emily asks confused. "Why would she be hiding? Why couldn't she just come back?" Hanna asks frustrated.

"I don't know." I say as I stare at the floor.

"You keep saying that." Hanna says annoyed.

"Because I don't know." I say frustrated. "Okay, what do we know?" Emily asks annoyed. "Somebody tried to kill Ali. They buried her in her backyard."

"Right, and then Grunwald pulled her out." Aria says in agreement.

"Yeah, like a carrot." Hanna says annoyed.

"Well why didn't she just call the cops?" Aria asks confused. "Which cops was she supposed to call? Wilden? Garrett?" Emily asks in disbelief.

"Ali not calling the cops is the only thing I do understand." Hanna says annoyed.

"You guys, we just found out that Ali is alive. She's really alive. Why am I not insanely happy?" Aria asks confused.

"Thought it was just me." Emily mumbles to herself. "It's not." Hanna snaps at her.

"Look we can figure out how we feel about this later. The fact is that Ali's alive." Spencer says getting us back on track.

"Right." I say in agreement.

"And she's been hiding out this whole time. Maybe it was in Rosewood. Maybe it was in Philadelphia. Maybe it was in Nova Scotia. Okay? But the sooner we can make it okay for her to come back, the sooner we can sit her down in a chair and ask her what the hell is going on... and why she would do this to us." Spencer rambles on to us.

"Ali always liked games." I say as I cross my arms. "What? Like she's been playing with us? Chasing us around the game board--" Aria says but I cut her off. "Like she was 'A'? Tell me you've never thought that yourself." I say as I turn to her.

"No. That's crazy, isn't it?" Hanna asks in disbelief. "Well, we have to consider every possibility, don't we?" Emily asks as she turns to me.

"Not the ones that make you want to hide in the closet with a quart of ice cream." Hanna says sarcastically.

"There's someone Ali is so afraid of she can't come back. Who?" Spencer asks confused. "Toby said the only thing that Shana was guilty of was selling Jenna's car to Mona." Emily says reminding us.

"And Cece's been busy running from the cops cause she killed Wilden." Aria says in agreement.

"What about Board Shorts?" I ask as I cross my arms. "We don't even know if that's a real person." Emily says annoyed.