1.17 ~ The New Normal

"To talk to a hot English teacher

"To talk to a hot English teacher. Press 3."
- Spencer Hastings

Aria and I made our way over to Emily's room after we heard about what happened. We were all sitting on her bed as Spencer explained to us what happened. Well everyone minus Aria. She looked pissed. Something must of happened between her and Hanna.

"Your sister's pregnant?" Hanna asks in disbelief. "How'd that happen?"

I raise an eyebrow at her confused as I bring my two hands to show her. "Well when a man and a woman love each other, they do this thing called--" I started but Hanna cut me off.

"Okay I know how someone gets pregnant." Hanna snaps back annoyed. I just chuckle and lean against the bed frame. "You asked."

"It's not really a "how" question, it's more of a "why" question." Emily tells us confused. "Well I mean I guess, Melissa could have gone all maternal, but I doubt it." Spencer says as she types into her laptop. "This is so creepy." Hanna says as she shakes her head.

"Where are they now?" I ask curiously. "Philadelphia. Shopping." Spencer reassures us. "What do you think this means?" Hanna asks confused.

"I don't know, but Toby wanted us to have it." Spencer says as she takes out a sheet of paper with shaded pencil marks on it and dots. "It's in braille." I point out as Spencer pulls out the braille decoder online.

"You wanna see this Aria?" Emily asks as she looks up. "No. I can see just fine from here." Aria says as she leans back against the window seat.

I sigh as I look back at Spencer as she starts decoding the message. "Okay so the first letter's a B." She tells us as she writes it down. "A the second letter's an A." Spencer says as she writes it down.

"Wait I think it's gonna tell us who 'A' is." Hanna asks hopeful. "D?" Spencer asks as she writes it down. "B-A-D." Emily repeats as she reads it out. "Bad." Hanna says in disbelief.

"That's the whole message? Bad?" I ask confused. "What is it supposed to mean?"

"It means you got punked. Toby doesn't trust us. I don't blame him." Aria says annoyed. "No I don't think he'll mess with us like this." Emily says unsure.

"You'd be surprised what people are capable of." Aria says as she looks at Hanna. "Okay are we talking about the same person here?" I ask confused.

"You guys we have to figure this out." Spencer says bringing us back to the message. "This could be a joke, but it could mean something real."

"Look either way. Toby's not the enemy." Hanna tells us. I just sigh and look at Aria confused as she gets up from her seat.

"You know what guys? I'm gonna go." Aria says as she walks out the door. I just sigh as I grab my things before heading out myself.