3.17 ~ Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Inferno

"Raspberry flirtini

"Raspberry flirtini."
- Bartender

It was the next day and I was currently walking down the street with Aria, Hanna, and Spencer. "Still recovering?" Hanna asks as we turn to Spencer.

"From the anniversary dinner." Hanna clarifies. "Was he surprised?" Aria asks excitedly. "Mm-hmm. It was a really big surprise." Spencer says annoyed.

I raise an eyebrow at her confused as I turn to Hanna. "Where were you last night? Were you with Caleb?" I ask curiously.

"No, he's being really weird. Every time I try to make plans with him, he says he's busy, but he won't tell me what he's doing." Hanna says annoyed.

"That doesn't sound like Caleb." I say confused. "Why don't you just ask him? Be honest." Aria suggests to her.

"Wow. It's like the world's fattest man giving dieting tips." Hanna says sarcastically. "Hello! You're the one who's sitting on a secret the size of the Natterhorn!"

"Okay, if you're talking about Fitz and the kid, I'm gonna tell him today. And the goal was never to keep it from him. I-I'd wake up every morning with the intention of telling him, and then I'd go to sleep every night feeling guilty that I didn't." Aria explains to us.

"At least you have afternoons free." Hanna mumbles to herself.

"Nice bit of support Hanna. Oh, and by the way, it's Matterhorn. Muh." Aria corrects as she points to Hanna. "Aren't you the one who's supposed to be correcting her?" Aria asks as she points to Spencer.

"What?" Spencer asks confused.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" I ask concerned. "Uh, nothing. We didn't really get much of an anniversary cause Toby had to get up early for work the next day." Spencer explains to us nervously.

"That sucks." Hanna chimes in.

"Yeah it does. Listen, um, I'm gonna skip the Brew today cause I have a lot of reading to catch up on, for English, so I'll catch you guys at lunch." Spencer says as she walks off.

I look at them confused before walking over to the Brew. I smile and wave as I see Emily walk out. "Hey Em." I say as she walks up to us.

"Hey." She greets back.

"So can we see it? The stuff from his family?" Hanna asks curiously.

"Look, if it's like, cards and stuff you wrote to Ali, you don't have to show us." Aria says nervously. "It's fine." Emily says as we sit by a nearby table.

"So, did Spencer tell you about the key that I dropped?" Emily asks as she searches through her bag.

"No, Hanna did." Aria says with a small smile. "Said you guys want to turn it into the cops?" Aria asks confused.

I sigh as Emily hands me a blue notebook. "So what do you think?" Emily asks as she turns to Aria.

"I think the mold from my basement killed some of your brain cells." Aria says sarcastically.