5.1 ~ EscApe From New York

"All I cared about was winning

"All I cared about was winning. And now I just really want to be happy."
- Spencer Hastings

Police gathered around the scene as the girls held Aria back. Her sobs could be heard from a mile away as they continued to watch Ezra being wheeled into the ambulance.

"Who is the girl? We need identification." The paramedics yell as they place me on the stretcher.

I was slowly getting in and out of consciousness. "Miss. Do you know who you are?" He asks as he takes the oxygen mask off of my face.

"Come on, come on stay with me." He says as he places it back on me.

"Miss. Can you hear me? You're going to be okay. You just need to stay awake." He says before taking the mask off of my face.

I turn my head slowly to see Noel staring at me before looking up to see Alison look down at me from the balcony.

"Miss? Come on, stay awake." He pleads as they wheel me into an ambulance.

I couldn't keep my eyes open. My eyes fluttered close as they kept asking questions. The sound of sirens flooded my ears as I slipped back out of consciousness.

~

My eyes slowly fluttered open as soon as they rushed me into the hospital. Orders were being shouted as I saw Ezra wheeled into a room in front of me.

"Priority two. Late-teens, female. Stab wound to the abdomen. Last pulse was 142. Systolic 80."

I blinked as the paramedics shined a flashlight in my eyes. "Get her to the ER."

"The knife was infectious and she's lost a lot of blood." A paramedic yells as she runs over to me.

"Jason." I mumble as my eyes start to flutter close.

Before I knew it I blacked out again.

~ THIRD PERSON POV ~

The girls stood in front of a convenience store as Spencer handed Hanna a burner phone. "You know what to say, right? Don't stay on the line a second longer than you have to." Spencer explains to her.

"It's the strongest one they had." Emily says as she hands Alison a can of pepper spray. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She asks worried.

"Ezra just saved my life, he probably saved yours, too. And (y/n) would've been here with us if she had not tried to unmask 'A' by herself. What are we going to tell Jason? This is all my fault." Alison says worried.

"We'll figure it out, okay? Stop blaming yourself for this. I know (y/n) doesn't blame you either, but we need to get on with this." Spencer says as she places her hands on her shoulders.

"Hanna's right. There's no way my mom made that jump. She's not 'A'. But Ezra knows who is." Alison says changing the subject.

"Look, Em, the plan was to get Ali out of town tonight, but now that we know that 'A's after Ezra--" Aria says but Emily cuts her off. "I get that 'A' wants to shut Ezra up, okay, but Ali's still a target. Can't we think of another way to do this?" Emily asks frustrated.