6.15 ~ Do Not Disturb

"Ten bucks says Evil Emoji is trying to stir the pot

"Ten bucks says Evil Emoji is trying to stir the pot."
- Caleb Rivers

Little note for later in the chapter. (y/s/n) = (your ship name)

~

It was the next day when Emily and I decided to stop by the loft where Hanna was staying in. I awkwardly clear my throat when we see her kissing Jordan. I smile and give them a little wave as they both turn to us.

"Sorry. I'm a little bit early. It's just my mom is driving me nuts." Emily says nervously.

"Uh, girl stuff. Your car's probably here." Hanna explains to him. "I'll leave you to your secrets then. Bye." Jordan says before leaving.

I sat next to Emily by the table as Hanna made us some tea. "So what'd you tell Pam?" Hanna asks as she walks over to us.

"Uh, you know you can never call my mom that to her face, right? I told her we were still narrowing down bridesmaids' dresses, even though you haven't asked us yet. I mean, you're gonna ask us, right?" Emily rambles on annoyed.

"You've a lot more to worry about than that. You need me to drive you?" Hanna asks curiously.

"No, it's okay. The clinic has a service. They just wanna make sure there's someone to help me get me settled in the bed after. I mean, I should be fine in a day or so." Emily explains to us.

"Well, I'll mash up your Jell-O just the way you like it." Hanna says with a smile.

"Em, you seem nervous. Hey, these are your eggs. You can change you mind." I say worried. "That's not it. I'm just... I'm weirded out by that text." Emily explains to us.

"From Aria?" I ask confused.

"Okay, this may sound crazy cynical but if Byron and Ella do get remarried doesn't that mean she wouldn't have to testify against him? I mean, I'm not saying that Byron's guilty." Hanna rambles annoyed.

"Did I miss the memo that says we call people's parents by their first names now?" I ask confused.

"It's just like "Downton Abbey" where Bates goes on trial--" Hanna says but Emily cuts her off. "Hanna, I'm talking about the text from Ali." She says annoyed.

"Text from Ali?" I ask confused.

"Didn't you guys--" Emily says but I cut her off. "No." I say confused.

"Oh, she's back. And of course, she reaches out to me alone and just assumes I'll come and hear her out. I'm not doing it. I mean I can't. Keeping this secret from my mom has been hard enough. And yesterday I took this gigantor shot and I feel like I've had three too many macchiatos. I mean, why does she do this, why does she always come to me first and just expect that--" Emily rambles on to us.

"Okay, are you gonna breathe or just keep talking until you pass out?" Hanna asks concerned.

"Sorry, it's the hormones." Emily says annoyed. "I know how you feel about that." I say with a small smile.