7.5 ~ Along Comes Mary

"Help me, Toby Wan Kenobi

"Help me, Toby Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."
- Spencer Hastings

It was the next day when I went to visit Alison at her house. I was currently on the phone trying to reach Emily as I waited for them. I sigh as it goes straight to voice mail. "Emily, hey, I thought you might want to stop by Ali's on your way to Hollis. They're releasing her this morning. And I look kind of conspicuous standing here alone." I say annoyed.

I sigh as a car drives up to the house. "Okay, she just got here so call her, text her, or just swing by. I'll talk to you later Em." I say before ending the phone call.

I smile and walk up to Alison as she exits the car. "Hey, I'm sorry. We tried to get you out." I say nervously.

"It's okay. I figured it out." Alison says reassuring me.

I give her a small smile and look past her to see someone still in the car. "Is that Jason? He called me the other day, but he mentioned how he wouldn't be able to come home for a few more days." I say confused.

"I know. He's still in New York." Alison says nervously.

"Okay so who--" I say but I cut myself off. All of a sudden Mary Drake steps out of the car making me turn to Alison in shock. "A casserole. (y/n), what a thoughtful gesture. Thank you." Mary says as she takes it from me.

"Just, uh, little something in case Alison doesn't wanna cook dinner." I say nervously.

I silently gulp as I step to the side. "Well, we'll have to ask you around, you know sometime soon to repay the kindness. But for now... Alison needs her rest." Mary says annoyed.

"I could use the company." Alison says as she turns to me. "Well, that's what you have me for." She says annoyed. "You're staying here?" I ask confused. "Doctor's orders." Mary explains to me.

"Terms of my release. Aunt Mary, do you mind if we have a moment?" Alison asks as she turns to her.

"Of course." She says before walking away.

I turn to Alison as she walks away from us. "What the hell is she doing here?" I whisper yell frustrated.

"After what happened with Elliot, Welby's concerned that I'll sue. So they're doing an internal investigation and... she's going to be staying with me until a social worker can review my case." Alison explains to me nervously.

"She was helping him in zombie make up." I whisper yell frustrated.

"I had to get out of there somehow. And it's easier to keep an eye on her here." Alison explains to me. "You could've waited for Jason. He's on his way home, Alison." I say annoyed.

"Oh please (y/n). He's too busy with work to even visit his pregnant fiancé. What makes you think he's gonna come home for me?" She asks annoyed.

I sigh and look down as we both stay silent. "I'm sorry. But I had to get out of there now. What's going on with Jenna? Do we know why she was calling Elliot?" Alison asks changing the subject.