2.22 ~ Father Knows Best

"I used to like dolls

"I used to like dolls."
- Hanna Marin

It was later that night and I was currently laying in bed still wondering if I should go or not. I still have not decided yet and Caleb was leaving in the morning.

I sigh and sit up straight before grabbing my laptop off to the side. "What are you looking at?" Jason asks as he walks over to me.

"I'm looking up my new family. See who they are before I go meet them." I say as I search them up.

I smile as Jason takes a seat behind me. His arms wrapped around my waist as I lean against his chest. I sigh as I click on a picture of them. "I found them." I say quietly.

Both of us stay silent as we stare at the screen. "They look happy." I say with a small smile.

"Hey, looks can be deceiving. You should see the behind the scenes of my family photos. Every single one of them was a disaster." Jason says making me chuckle.

"Does it say their names?" He asks as he holds my hands.

"Yup. William and Claudia Dawson. And that's James on the left and Clay's on the right." I say as I point to them.

I sniffle and close my eyes as I feel Jason kiss the top of my head. "She had two other children while I was living on the streets." I say sadly.

"Are you gonna go?" Jason asks as he spins me around.

"I don't know. Maybe." I say as I let a tear escape.

"You can't keep avoiding them forever. At least go this one time to Montecito. If you don't like them you don't have to go back. But at least you'll know that you've tried to connect with them. No matter what the outcome, I'll be here for you when you get back. That's a promise." Jason says as he wipes the fallen tear from my eye.

I smile and nod my head as he leans in to kiss me which I happily return. My hand pushing his hair out of the way as we continue to kiss. I slowly straddle his waist as he puts his hands on my waist slightly tugging on my oversized shirt.

I pull away from Jason as I take the shirt off of me, exposing myself to Jason. "Absolutely beautiful." Jason mumbles as he looks at me.

I smile as I pull him into another kiss slowly tugging on his jeans. "I love you Jason." I say as I make eye contact with him.

"I love you too (y/n)."

~

I woke up the next morning around 7:30. I texted Caleb last night saying that I'll go with him to Montecito. Jason was right. I couldn't avoid them forever, they were my family whether or not I wanted them to be.