chapter 16- strictly platonic

Chapter 16

*back to shanaya's POV*

I went the next day to his office after he texted me the address. I walked into it and wow. It's so big and sleek, it looks amazing! I went in the elevator, and was about to go down the hallway when I was stopped by a girl with raven black hair, ivory skin, and dark eyes. She pushes me. What the heck? I drop my books and the bag of chocolates. I pick up my stuff and move past her. I get up and I see a bruise forming on my arm from breaking the fall.

"Who are you?" She sneered at me.

"I'm Noah's friend. He invited me to spend the day with him." I told her and walked off.

I finally found Noah's office, it was so big! I walked in and dropped my stuff on his desk. He walked out of his bathroom, his hair mussed , and his shirt not fully done. A blonde girl comes out from the bathroom and exits the room. I see lipstick stains on his neck, and I feel a pang of hurt. I think it showed on my face because his eyes softened, but I quickly covered it up, even though I felt like crying. He quickly buttoned his shirt and came closer to me. I moved away.

"Shanaya-" He began.

"Noah, it's totally fine. I get that you have needs. I'm just embarrassed I walked in on you, but you can be with whoever you want. You're my friend. It's your choice." I said with a smile. I told myself not to open my heart up to him and look at what happened. He is a player. I'm going to get hurt. I will be okay with being just his friend. I remove my stuff from his desk.

"I brought you Lindt chocolates by the way," I tell him, gesturing to the small bag on his desk.

"I put in all my favorite flavors, and thought you might like them." I said putting on a smile. I drop my books on the couch opposite the desk, and go into the bathroom. A stray tear falls from my face and I wipe it away. No. I will not allow myself to cry over this boy. Another one falls. I wipe it away and take in another shaky breath. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. I slowly calmed down. I got out of the bathroom and gave him a bright smile. He didn't smile back at me though. I sat down on the couch and was about to open my book when he started talking to me.

"Look, Shanaya, I'm so sorry you saw that. I didn't mean for you to see it, please don't feel bad. I know we had a moment at the Christmas tree and in your room, I'm just... I don't-"

"Noah, you don't have to explain yourself to me. You are a fully grown man. You can make your own choices. I'm not going to judge you." I tell him to give me a smile, and I give him a hug. I pull away. I walk back to the couch. Suddenly the door bursts open and the same raven-haired girl who pushed me walks in. She looks at me up and down in disgust. What the hell is her problem?

"Mr, Williamson," She says in a flirty tone. She has on red lipstick and she is gorgeous. But definitely a bitch.

"I'm so sorry about that intruder in your office. I tried telling her to go away, but she pushed me, and I think my ankle is broken." What the frick? I'm pissed.

"Hey there! Here's a couple things I need to tell you, and you're going to listen to me. One, as I already told you, Noah is one of my friends. I came here to spend the day with him. Two, I never pushed you. You pushed me. And three, if your ankle is broken, how did you walk all the way over here? Trust me, my best friend is a doctor, and I've seen plenty of broken ankles before, and yours sure isn't one of them. And lastly, if you have something to say, say it to my face instead of acting like a freaking baby and tattling to someone about some trivial thing. So maybe you're the one who should leave." I finished my speech and sat down proudly. I could feel Noah's eyes on me.

"Noah,-" She began.

"Get out of my office Ms. Johnson. And You are fired. I will not tolerate such behavior." He tells her. She stomps out of the office.

"Why didn't you tell me she pushed you?" Noah asks me, slightly irritated.

"Because I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself, and it wasn't a big deal." I say walking up to him.

"Not a big deal? It-" He cuts off and grabs my arm.

"Noah what are you doing? Let go of my arm!" I told him. I'm a little irritated too.

"You have a fucking bruise on your arm, and that's not important?"

"It's not important. It's just a bruise. Let it go." He sighs.

"It's important to me 'Naya."
"It's really not a big deal. Please, just let it go." I realize he's still holding on to my arm. I walked back to the couch I was sitting on, and read my book.

An hour passes, Now, I'm a little bored. Noah went off to a meeting about 10 minutes ago. I look at his desk. It's a mess. I sat down in his chair. Man it's comfy. I organize the papers into folders on his desk and leave sticky notes on top of the folders, indicating where everything is. Thirty minutes go by. He's probably still in the meeting. I walk around his room and look at the walls. So many of them are filled with pictures of him, Kaio and Liam. There's even a teenage boy in them who looks like oah. Must be his brother. I take my phone and decide to explore the office. I walk past an empty meeting room. But it's not empty. I look inside, and I see Noah kissing that same blonde girl from his office. Luckily, he doesn't see me. I run back to his office,and get my stuff. I leave a sticky note for him.

Noah,

I organized your desk for you, and I brought you chocolates. Let me know what you think of them! Sorry I had to leave, but have a good day!

Love,

Ladybug (Shanaya)

I get out of the office as quickly as I can, and sit in my car, and a few tears spill out. I can't be crying like this over some boy. I'm better than this. He doesn't deserve to have me crying over him. We are just friends after all. I should respect that.

 Noah is a duck. He is such a quack. I dont like him. He broke my baby;s heart. I'm going to go after him. Watch out for the mama duck Noah, I'll come after you!!! I hate you.

Also, thanks for reading!

Love, 

Shanaya