chapter 49- love of my life

Chapter 49

The minute we entered the room the whole mood changed. It was tense and seemed to be charged with energy. His hand grasped mine tightly. My stomach churned a little bit. I was meeting his parents for the first time. As we sat down at the table, I saw Michaela sitting across from me. Oh no. Not this bitch. My fingernails dig into my palms.

"Hello Mr. Williamson, Hello, Mrs. Williamson, it's a pleasure to meet you," I greet them. They look at me with stone cold faces. Their lips are stretched into a thin line, and their faces are filled with disapproval. My heart sinks.

"Who is this," His dad gestures to me.

"You will give her some respect. Her name is Shanaya, and she is my girlfriend," Noah stares defiantly into his father's eyes. His thumb rubs circles on the back of my hand.

"Please, don't argue," His mother says sternly.

"You may call me Meredith, dear." She says to me, her voice weak and tired.

"Mother, what happened to you?" Noah asks, concerned.

"I'm very ill, dear. I'm not going to get better." His hand grasps his mother's. I feel so bad. Michaela clears her throat.

"Hello, Shanaya, how are you?" She sneers at me. I take a deep breath. Nope, not going to pummel this bitch.

"Hey Michaela. It's great to see you again. I'm doing well, how are you?" I ask her, trying not to let my irritation seep through. She curls her lip in disgust. We start eating. His dad dumps a large piece of chicken on my plate.

"I'm very sorry sir, but I'm a vegetarian." I say, embarrassed.

"What?" he roars.

"You're picky about the food you eat?" He yells.

"I'm sorry sir. But I cannot eat meat." I tell him firmly, looking him in the eyes. His face is completely red. His mother's arm goes to his father's arm.

"It's alright dear, let me get you another plate."

"Meredith, please don't worry about it, I'll get a plate." She sits back down and Noah shows me where the plates are.

"I'm so sorry Shanaya." he whispers, his eyes full of regret.

"Noah, their behavior is not your fault." I tell him, and he hands me a plate. We sat back down at the table.

"Son, we called you here today, because we want you to marry Michaela." I almost spit out my food.

"What? I'm not marrying her. She is a racist, ignorant bitch, and I will not spend my life with her." Noah seethes, speaking in a deadly tone.

"Yes, you will."

"No I won't. You don't have any control over me anymore. I am not marrying her." Noah yells at his dad.

"Robert, please, if he doesn't want to marry her, let it be." He slaps Meredith. No way am I going to tolerate this. I give Noah a look. I'm pissed now. He doesn't say anything.

"Do not touch her!" Noah yells at his dad. His dad sit's back down, and I rush and get his mother an ice pack. A bruise is already forming quickly. What a total asshole.

"Noey, let's get married!" Michaela says, completely ignoring the situation, and fluttering her eyelashes. I'm so pissed. Who the fuck does this bitch think she is. She looks like she's having a fucking seziure. And Noey? What kind of trash nickname is that?

"I wouldn't marry you if you were the last woman on earth, Michaela." He spits at her. Her face contorts in anger.

"Robert, did you see the way he talked to me? He's sitting here with this colored bitch-" I slap her across the face.