chapter 17-christmas party

Chapter 17

Nyra and Kaio are planning a Christmas party. It's late today and I'm really excited to spend Christmas with them. Last week I went Christmas shopping. I got these lockets for Nyra and Anvi. It has a picture of the three of us, and on the other side it says friends for life. I got Liam a 50 dollar gift card to Barnes and Noble, and for Kaio, I got him a set of cooking utensils. I even got a gift for Noah. I got him a watch that said, To my Cat Noir. I ignored him for a couple of days. I was getting way too affected by this and needed to figure out what I'm feeling.

Nyra had told me that he actually made the food the day we went to his penthouse, and the food was delicious, so I thought he might like something like that. I pulled the double chocolate cookies out of the oven. Oh, they smelled amazing. As they were cooling, I went upstairs and changed into a wine colored dress. I threw on some mascara and lipgloss, put the cookies in a box and headed off to Kaio's house for the party.

I entered the penthouse. Wow, it looked fantastic! I placed my cookies in the kitchen along with all the things Kaio and Nyra must have made. I was marveling at the decorations before I bumped into Noah. I almost fell, and he caught me. I quickly moved away from him.

"Thanks," I said looking him in the eye. He looked like he wanted to say something to me but didn't say anything

"You look beautiful Shanaya," He compliments me.

"Thanks Noah, you don't look too bad yourself." I compliment him, giving him a small smile. I slip away and look around for Nyra or Anvi. I found Anvi. She's wearing a beautiful peach colored dress that reaches just above her knees, and she has these dangling earrings.

"Anvi! You look so amazing!" I told her. Her dress is gorgeous.

"Awww, thanks babe! I love your dress so much! You look so amazing in that color!" She compliments me

"Thank you so much!" I see Liam behind her.

"Hey Liam!" I greet him. His handkerchief in his pocket matches Anvi's dress. How cute!

"Hey Shanaya!" He greets back.

"Aww you both look so adorable! You're even matching!" I tell them. Both of them flush.

Anvi doesn't comment, and looks away. So there IS something going on there. I can't wait for them to get together! Liam puts an arm around her shoulder and whispers something in her ear. I slowly inch away, and sneak a picture of the two. After they date, I'm going to use this and show them. They are going to laugh so hard. I keep backing away and almost slip. Noah catches me. Again.

"Thanks, again." I give him a forced smile. His hands brush my bare shoulders. I shiver. I hate he has this effect on me.

He smiles back at me. I look around for Nyra. I see her in a shimmering light green dress. She looks so beautiful. I run over to her and hug her.

"You look so hot!" I exclaim.

"Babe, have you seen yourself? You look so amazing!" Nyra tells me. I give her a hug, and compliment her on the party. It looks beautiful.

I'm about to get some food. I saw all the sweets! I took a cupcake, a cookie, and some chocolates. I ate chocolate and moaned. It was so good! Wait, I think these are the chocolates Noah made for me a couple weeks ago. Well, whatever they are, they're so good. I see Kaio and Nyra talking, and Anvi and Liam blushing at each other. Noah stands in the corner, staring at me. He starts to come closer to me, and I quickly put the pieces of food in my mouth and approach the sink, not wanting to talk to him. I put the dishes in the dishwasher and walked back to where I was sitting. Noah comes to talk to me. I was dreading this conversation.

"Shanaya, I need to talk to you."

"Noah, let's not do this right now. Let's please have some dinner. I can't deal with you." I whisper to him, not wanting to cause a scene.

We all gathered around the table to enjoy the nice meal Kaio and Nyra had made for us. I force a smile onto my face as I look at the assortment of food. After wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and having a hearty meal. We talk about a variety of things, starting from our families, to prank wars. Slowly, but surely, the evening came to an end. I waved goodbye and wished everyone a Merry Christmas Once more. Noah approaches me once again.

"Shanaya can we talk?" he asks.

"We're talking right now, aren't we?" I ask him.

"Can we go somewhere more private?" He asks.

"Sure Noah," I say, waiting to be pleasant and not let on how bad I was feeling about him kissing someone else.

He leads me outside, btu not into the snow, but where I could feel the cold winter air.

"Shanaya-" he begins. I interrupt him

"If this is about kissing the blonde girl in the office, it's completely fine. It's your personal life. You can do whatever you want." I say, unable to meet his eyes.

"I find myself constantly wanting to explain myself to you. I don't know why. I feel guilty. Please don't be distant. I miss you smiling at me. I miss our conversations. Please. Say something."

"What would you like me to say, Noah? You want me to say that I'm not okay with the blonde girl kissing you? Well you know what? I'm not okay. For whatever reason I can't stop feeling shitty about it. I saw you kissing her in the meeting room. I just can't deal with this right now. I told myself that we were going to have a strictly platonic relationship. And we do. I'm not going to ruin that."

"Shanaya, I can't stop thinking about-"

"Please don't say anything. I don't want to ruin this. Please Noah. I can't afford to have my heart broken by you."

"I can't stop thinking about you Shanaya! Why do you think I went and kissed someone else? I needed to get my mind off you? I don't know what the hell I'm feeling!"

"Look, Noah, I like you! I really do! But I'm not going to ruin our friendship! I don't want to get hurt by you! You are a player! How am I supposed to trust you if you keep doing the same thing-" He grabs my face with his hands, his lips barely an inch from mine. I pull away from him.

"What are you doing Noah??!" I remove his hands from my face. Butterflies are erupting everywhere. My skin misses the sudden warmth of his hands.

"I-I-"

"How can you touch me like that? I thought we were just friends??" I yell at him.

"I- I don't know! I've never felt this way before! Not ever! I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do when I'm around you because My brain stops! I can't think about anyone else when I'm around you! You consume my every thought!"

"I need some space. Merry Christmas Noah."

I hear him mutter merry christmas to me, but I don't turn around.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! MY HEART!!! I CRIED WRITING THIS CHAPTER!!  NYRA SAW ME DYING WRITING THIS!! UGHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!! HE SCREWED UPPPPPP!!

Also, thanks for reading! I love you!

Love,

Shanaya