chapter 100- fall on me

Chapter 100

Noah opens the door of the car for me, my small hand slipping perfectly into his large one. The door shuts with a thump. He takes me to a cute area, with fairy lights, and photos of us hanging up everywhere. It's so cute. He presses a button on some speaker, and Fall on Me by A Great Big World Plays.

"May I have this dance?" He bows in front of me, and I giggle.

"You may," I reply, a smile gracing my face, and playing along. His hand slips around my waist, one of my hands rests on his shoulder, while our free hands entwine with each other. We dance to the soft tune of the song.

I thought sooner or later

The lights up above

Will come down in circles and guide me to love

But I don't know what's right for me

I cannot see straight

I've been here too long and I don't want to wait for it

Fly like a cannonball, straight to my soul

Tear me to pieces

And make me feel whole

I'm willing to fight for it and carry this weight

But with every step

I keep questioning what it's true

He spins me out and I spin back to him, and he pulls me closer than before. Our lips are a breath away. I'm captured by his intense gaze, his vivid green eyes boring into mine. My skin is alight everywhere. He looks at me, leaving me feeling so bare, stripping down my walls, and looking at me with such vulnerability. My whole body feels like it's on fire. We glide from side to side, our feet softly thumping against the ground.

Fall on me

With open arms

Fall on me

From where you are

Fall on me

With all your light

With all your light

With all your light

The song ends, and we stand there, just loving each other.

"Shanaya," He whispers, and kisses me. It's slow and sweet, and butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Shanaya." He says again, pulling away from me. My eyes flutter open, and focus on him.

"I need to tell you something."

"Of course. You can tell me anything." I smile at him, and his face softens.

" I know we've been dating for a few months now, and you know I love you. I'm crazy about you. You are the most special person in the world to me. I love everything about you. I love watching crazy cartoon shows with you, I love that we have a beautiful daughter. I love your incredible knack for art, I love your compassion, I love your ability to empathize and make anyone and everyone feel at ease. You are the only person who my heart belongs with. You make me feel alive. You make me want to live. I look forward to every single day because I know that I get to spend it with you, and that I get to come home and hold you every night. I know this is cheesy, but you're the Ladybug of my life." I laugh.

"You're my light, you're my life. I never thought that falling in love would feel so incredible, and I never expected to ever find it. I didn't ever think I'd find love. But then I met you. I know I was a jerk at the beginni-"