chapter 113- don't die, please. I need you

Chapter 113

I'm so glad that they both worked out their issues. But Kaio wanted to tell me something, then completely ditched us, so that's great. I stood at the entrance of Nyra's room. I watched her monitors beeping, her tube rising and falling with her chest when she took shallow breaths. I miss her. A lot, actually. And i really need her to wake up, because she's my best friend and can't just fucking die on me.

"Can't sleep?" I turn around to see Nyra's mom.

"Hi auntie."

"Hi Shanaya." She gives me a kind smile, handing me a cup of hot chocolate.

"You remembered!"

"You think I'll forget these things?" I grin at her, sitting down next to her.

"How are you, Shanaya?" I internally sigh, not mentally prepared for this.

"Doing good, auntie. I'm getting married soon, um, I have a daught-" I don't look her in the eyes.

"Shanaya, you know you can always talk to me, right?" Her mom says, staring intently. I still can't bring myself to look at her face.

"This is my fault, you know." I say in a quiet voice.

"No! Of course it's not! How could you say that?" she replies, shocked.

"Ths girl, Michaela. She was jealous of Noah and me, and we filed a restraining order against her, and she threatened to harm me. She harmed Nyra instead. Toi get back at me. It's my fault." I slump against the chair, my shoulders drooping.Was I really that horrible?

"Shanaya, stop saying that. It's not ture, and we both know it. Nyra will recover." I don't say anything, but she understands. She hugs me.

"You remember when you both were little and-"

"We hated each other." I chuckle, stray tears spilling onto her shoulder.

"It wasn't that bad-"

"It was. It was. We would get so jealous, and-" I hear a knock on the door.

"Love, you're mom's here." I sit up immediately, excusing myself.

"What does she need?"

"She came to check on you and Nyra probably." Yeah, that sounds like her. I go to the lobby where she embraces me.

"Hey mummy."

"Shanaya, are you okay?" My nails dig into my palm. I want everybody to just stop asking me that.

"Fine, mom." I grit out.

"Noah, are you okay?"

"I'm getting through it, amma. Thank you." He hugs my mom, leaving me staring at them.

"I won't keep bringing it up, I know you both don't need me to tell you that I'm here for you." I swallow, my throat closing up, and turning around to go outside. It's almost seven in the morning. I walk around the hospital, turning around to the far back, before leaning against the wall, sinking down to my knees. My arms hugged my knees, and I rocked back and forth, crying silently.
"Shanaya." Someone calls my name. Over and over again.

"What?" I rasp.

"She's awake."