chapter 52- liar

Chapter 52

I had a slight headache all day, but didn't think much of it. I was currently outside with my class for recess.

"Ms. Anand, Ms. Anand!" Adam comes running up to me. I bend down to his height.

"What's going on Adam?"

"Angie fell from the bars! Her knee is bleeding!"

"Oh no!" I walk over with him. Angie has a small scrape on her knee and is crying.

"Hi Angie, can I look at your knee?" She nods tearfully. It's a small scrape but there's wood chips and everything inside it. I carefully remove the wood chips without hurting her and pick her up.

"Can I take you to the nurse's office?" She nods again. I let the other teacher on duty with me, Lizzie and asked her to watch over, and told her I'll be right back. I carried her to the nurse's office.

"Am i going to be okay, Ms. Anand?"

"Of course, Angie! Can I tell you a story?"

"When I was little like you, I loved riding my bike. I was just starting to learn how to ride it and the bike fell on the pavement." She gasps.

"Were you okay?"

"Yeah, I was okay. I had a scrape on my knee like you did. But it got better!" I show her my knee.

"There's nothing there! It got all better?"

"Yes, it did! Don't worry. Your booboo will go away soon, okay?" She smiles and nods her head. We finally reach the nurse's office and I put her down on the bed, allowing the nurse to clean and bandage the scrape. I see Fiona sitting on the bed.

"Hey Fiona! What are you doing here?" I ask her worriedly.

"Hey Naya- I mean Ms. Anand! It's girl problems.." I nodded my head in understanding.

"That stinks. I'll come by with some chocolate later."

"Really?" I nod my head.

"Angie, are you all ready?" I ask her, and nods her head, her little ponytails bouncing.

She holds my hand and we wave by to Fiona. I check the time and the bell rings. Looks like recess is over. We go back to the classroom and meet all of the children there. Suddenly the classroom phone rings. It's a call from the front office.

"Hello, this is Ms. Anand, how may I help you?" I answer.

"There is a Noah Williamson who is asking for you at the front office. Can you come down?"

"Sure, I'll be there in a few minutes." I quickly ask the teacher next door to watch over the class for a second and run to the front office. What could he possibly need in the middle of the day? I start walking, and I suddenly feel dizzy. I lean against the wall for a couple minutes and then start walking again. This throbbing headache just won't seem to go away.

I walk inside.

"Noah, what are you doing here?" I ask him. He immediately wraps me in a tight hug, the smell of his cologne entering my nostrils.

"Love, are you okay?" He looks at me up and down, and tries searching for something.

'Why wouldn't I be-" I rub my head. The pounding in my head won't seem to go away.

"Are you okay?"

"Noah I'm fine, what are you doing here in the middle of the day?" We step outside the office.