chapter 102- blue raspberry flavored ice cream

Chapter 102

My mom and Noah's mom are friends. Like great friends. And have been constantly calling us about wedding planning. They haven't met each other yet, and I've been trying to get my mom to focus on my brother's wedding which is literally next week. We came back home from New Hampshire a few weeks ago, and it's been a little hectic. Early May. Almost the end of the school year, finals, and shit. Packing up the classroom, and all that jazz. I had a face mask on(despite Noah telling me I looked like a dinosaur and me slapping his face), Fiona was studying, and I was grading papers, when my phone decided to ring. Shit. It's his mom.

"Noah, you answer the phone." I tell him, handing him my phone.

"No! I can't decide on another color for flowers! Seriously!"

"Well, They keep asking me about wedding venues! I have no clue what to do! We haven't even looked yet! We don't know when we're having the wedding!" Fiona grumbles, and snatches the phone from us.

"Hi, grandma!" She says.

"Hey, Fiona! How is my favorite granddaughter?"

"I'm good! Mom and Dad are arguing about who gets to pick up the phone because they don't wanna think-"

"FIONA SHUT UP!" Noah whispers, while she shoots him a glare. She's been kind of moody and stressed for finals, which is completely understandable, but still.

"Hi Meredith," I say, taking the phone from Fiona.

"Shanaya! How are you?"

"I'm doing good! Noah was really eager to talk to you." I smirk, and he swears under his breath.

"Hi, Ma."

"Noah! My little boy! I miss you! Have you decided on a co-"

"Oh, shit, mom, the connection's really bad, I can't hear you, love you, bye!" He hangs up.

"Noah!"

"What?"

"Mom, Dad, I'm trying to study, so can you please move this conversation somewhere else?" She grumbles.

"Fine, we're going into the study. Give us a yell if you need us." She gives us a thumbs up, and I bring my stuff into his office.
"We're lame."

"What? We are not lame." I protest, sitting down.

"We're spending a Saturday studying and working."

"Yeah, that's what happens when you grow up, genius. Don't you have a presentation to prep for work on Monday?"

"Fuck. Yeah." He groans, slumping on the desk. I ruffle his hair.

"Not the hair."

"Sorry princess."

"I'm not a fucking princess."

"I don't really care." He rolls his eyes, and we go back to doing our own thing.

"Noah." I say after a moment.

"What?"

"You know the Dear Future Husband song?"

"What about it?"

"Can we do a dance to it at our wedding?"

"Of course." He smiles.

"Really?"

"Yep. Anything for you."

"Wohoo!!" I jump up, and the timer on my phone goes off. Noah laughs.