chapter 43- almost love

Chapter 43

We finally boarded the train, and had a small compartment available to ourselves. I lied down on the bed and opened up my tablet.

"What are you doing?"

"Just doing some sketching," I tell Noah.

He sits on the opposite end of the bunk. He grabs my feet and places them in his lap. My cheeks become a little pink, and I give him a goofy smile at the sweet gesture. I sketch Noah once again. I carefully draw the outline of his figure and start adding in details, starting with his face, and working downwards. I get about partly through the sketch when I get a call from Fiona.

"Hey Fiona! What's up?" I greet her.

"Hey Naya! Lily and I are hanging out at the park. Lily met some boy, and they're hitting it off over there, so I'm currently stuck here on my own."

I laugh.

"Been there, done that," I tell her, and she laughs.

"So, how's Japan?" She asks me.

"It's really fun!! We went to this beautiful lake a few days ago, and Noah's been taking me sightseeing all over Japan!" I tell her excitedly.

"What have you been up to Fi?" I ask her.

"Your Japan trip sounds so cool! You gotta show me pics when you get back! And compared to your life, mine is so boring. I'm so bored all the time." She complains.

"Is Noah there?" She asks.

"Uh, yeah he is, wanna say hi?" I ask her.

"Are you kidding? Of course!!"

Noah looks up at me. He mouths, who is it.

It's Fiona, I mouth back at him. He nods his head, and takes the phone.

"Hey Fiona, what's up?"

"Hi! I can't believe I'm talking to you! I'm a really big fan. I wanna go into architecture someday, and I've seen the kind of things your company does! It's so cool!"

Noah chuckles.

"I'm so glad you like it. I'll tell you what, once we come back, why don't I take you on a tour of the office?"

"Are you serious?? That sounds amazing!!" Fiona squeals.

"Noah, just between me and you," She lowers her voice to a whisper, and is probably unaware I can still hear her. Or not.

"Did you guys kiss yet?" I snatch the phone away from him, and Noah is having the time of his life, and I look like a freaking tomato.

"Fiona, what the hell?" She laughs at me.

"So you did kiss-" I make static noises.

"Oh oops, I think the connection is super bad-" More static noises. She rolls her eyes.

"Bye Naya! Bye Noah! See you soon!" She hangs up the phone.

"I like the kid," Noah smirks at me.

"I like her too, why do you think I'm adopting her, genius?" He rolls his eyes.

"I swear, one of these days, your eyes are gonna get stuck in the top of your head, and then you won't be able to see my beautiful face," I flip my hair for dramatic effect.

"You are beautiful, and I do need to see your face,"

"Dammit Noah, stop making me feel awkward," I tell him, with a burning face.

"You can't handle compliments,"

"Yes I can."

"No."

"Yes."
"No."

"Screw you."

"I wish you would."

"SHUT UP NOAH." He shuts his mouth. Wise choice. I go back to drawing on the tablet, willing for my cheeks to cool down.

I glance over at him, every now and then, to observe his face and draw it. But every single time I look up, his eyes are focused on me.

After about 2 hours I finished it. I look at it. It came out quite well. I didn't even hear Noah move beside me.

"Wow, is that me? That looks fucking amazing," I feel him breathe on my neck.

"You really think so? I mean, I did a different one of you on the airplane, and that was better. Wait, that's actually kind of creepy now that I think about it. I promise I'm not creepy, I don't watch you sle-" He presses his lips to mine and my eyes close. I sigh against him.

"So, you like it?"

"I love it."

"I love-" Wait, was I going to just tell him that I loved him? I can't do that yet. No way.

"You love.." He waits for me to continue.

"I love... this train car. It's actually really nice. I mean look out the window over there, Japan is incredible! The view is amazing!" I gush.

"Yeah, it is," he agrees.

HIiiii!! How are you guys today? Aren't they so cuteeee, I LOVE THEM SMM.  ALso, sorry for the short chapter, but I hoped you enjoyed it!! Also, do u y'all have any questions for me? Let me know in the comments!! Thanks so much for reading!!

Lots of love,

Shanaya