chapter 66- irritating interruptions

Chapter 66

So, apparently, I got the date wrong for the launch party. It was actually tomorrow. I'm very dumb. I texted Nyra this morning, letting her know that we were here. All of us were planning to go clubbing, but Nikul and Adhya backed out, So it was just the six of us, now. It was currently close to about one in the afternoon. Noah and I had stayed in bed most of the day, talking, learning about each other, and the occasional...kissing. He had told me stories of him and his brother. How close they were, what had really happened with his parents.

"Tell me about yourself, love. You know so much about me, but I feel like I hardly know your past."

"Sure, what do you want to know?"

"Start from the beginning."

"On september 16th, 20-"

"Not that far back." I giggled.

"Okay, um, so my parents got divorced my freshman and sophomore year of highschool. That was... something. But I always had a volatile relationship with my dad, and we weren't always on.. the best terms. We used to get into arguments. A lot. Some were worse than others, and he drank alcohol. Not as much as an alcoholic, but regularly enough to make me nervous. He... wasn't always the easiest person to be around, and I hadn't spoken to him in years, until he texted me when we were in Japan, asking to meet up with me. I reluctantly agreed. He's the reason for my anxiety, he's the reason, I've had panic attacks, and been.. Not myself. It was kind of difficult." I briefly opened up to him, telling him more than I've told anyone in years.

"I went to therapy for a few years, which helped, and I'm in a much better place now, but, anxiety isn't something that goes away quickly." he nods his head.

"I still have nightmares about being locked in that basement for days on end. I understand, Naya. If you ever want to talk, I'm always here for you." I lean into him, and both of his arms wrap around me, encasing me in his warmth.

"God, I love you so much it hurts," I mumble into his chest, my arms around his neck.

"You have no idea how strongly I feel about you. You are my ray of light Naya. I'm never going to let you go. Ever. You are my world." He looks me in the eye, his eyes sincere, and filled with longing. I hug him as tightly as I can.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I whisper into his neck. He rubs his arms up and down my back.

"I've always got you, love."

I pull myself together after a few moments. I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you more, I really suck at opening up to people," I wipe some stray tears from my eyes.

"Love, never apologize for that. You can tell me when you're ready, okay? Not because I opened up to you." I smiled at him.

"I'm hungry, wanna get some lunch?" I ask him.

"Let's go."

I pull on a pair of leggings(still wearing his shirt), and we go downstairs. The elevator dings, as we go down.

We bump into someone by accident.

"Sorry, I didn'" I looked up and realized it was Shrija, a girl from my childhood dance class. Who I despised. I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Shrija, how are you?"

"I'm great, Shanaya, thanks for asking! And you? Who is this handsome man?" She says looking him up and down. I intertwine our fingers.

"This is Noah, my boyfriend, " I sayb, subtly stressing on the word boyfriend.

"It was great seeing you!" She tells us, and bends down to whisper in my ear.