chapter 24- goodbye fiona

Chapter 24

I woke up early the next morning. I quickly brush my teeth and make some breakfast. I hear a groan from the couch. Great. Noah's awake. What the hell was he doing at my house at 2 ducking AM?

I walk over and give him some Advil.

"These are for your headache." I handed him a toothbrush.

"There's some toothpaste in the bathroom." I walk away, but his hand brushes mine. I feel sparks tingling and making their way up my arm.

"Don't touch me, asshole." I tell him coldly and walk away, when I see Fiona standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Hey Fi, good morning!" I greet her, putting a smile on my face.

"Naya, what's he doing on the couch?" She whispers.'

"Don't ask me. He showed up at two AM last night, drunk, and passed out on the couch."

"Is he your ex boyfriend?" I don't answer. I changed the topic.

"We're going to go to the police station after breakfast, so go brush your teeth and eat quickly." I tell her and she runs into the bathroom. Noah goes into my bathroom and comes out before Fiona. He meets me in the kitchen.

"Shanaya, about last night-"

"Shut it. You made your choice on New Years. I don't have anything more to say to you. You can shove it up your ass." I tell him venomously. My heart is hurting just looking at him. He looked at me with such pain in his eyes.

"Shanaya, I like you so much. I need you. I need your smiles, I need your touch-" I place a hand on his mouth, tears coming into my eyes. Not this again. No. I will NOT cry in front of him. I will not. He will not see me this weak. He wraps his arms around me. I silently cy into his shirt, needing the warmth, but I pull away immediately, realizing the situation I was in.

"No, I'm done with you. Whatever we had is over. You can stay for breakfast, but then get out of my house. I am SO done with whatever this is. You have caused me so much pain in the span of just a few days and you expect me to magically forgive you? No way in HELL." I spat. His hands cup my cheeks, and I push them away. He sits down at the counter and starts to eat. I hear Fiona's footsteps and quickly wipe away my tears and plaster a smile on my face.

"I made eggs this morning! I don't know what you usually eat, but I thought we could have breakfast together." I tell her, smiling brightly.

'I'd really like that Naya." She tells me, her eyes lighting up. I sit down with them at the counter and quickly eat.

"Are you Naya's boyfriend?" Fiona asks bluntly. I nearly spit out my food, and Noah's face is red.

"Yeah I am."
"No you're not. You're such an ass- butthole." I tell him, watching my language in front of Fiona.

She snickers.

"So you're in the 'complicated' stage then?" I give her a look that says drop it, and she continues to eat her food. Butterflies churn in my stomach when he looks at me and meets my eyes. He stares at me deeply. His eyes scan me up and down and are filled with longing. I break eye contact. It seems that everyone has finished eating. I grab everyone's plates and put them in the dishwasher after rinsing them.

"You're done eating Noah. I don't owe you anything. You're free to go." I told him. He gives me a look that makes my heart break even more. And then he leaves. The door closes behind him.

"What was all that about?" Fiona asks me.

"It's nothing important. Please, don't ask me about it." I told her. If I start crying, I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop.

"Go get changed! We'll leave in a couple of minutes!" I told her. She quickly runs upstairs, throws on some leggings and comes right back down. She links her arm in mine and we drive to the police station.

I walk inside. I greet the officer in the front.

"Hello officer."

"Hello ma'am, how can I help you today?"

"I'd like to file a report for domestic violence.." Her eyes widen, and she brings out some paperwork.

"I'd like you to fill this out please. Please give your contact information, the name of the victim, the address of the victim, and any information you have on the attacker." Fiona and I have a seat. We quickly fill out the form, and return it to the lady.

"Thank you." She scans over the forms and reads through it.

"The victim will not be asked to go back to the area of violence. However, child services will be contacted. As you are not her legal guardian, it is not appropriate for.." she looks down and glances back up.

"...Fiona to stay with you. I'm sorry." her eyes show sympathy. A huge weight is placed on my chest, and I see Fiona's eyes fill with tears. I hug her, as the officer contacts Child services.

"It's going to be okay fiona. I'll visit as often as I can," I tell her, hugging her tightly and rubbing her back as her tears soak my shirt.

"It's going to be okay. It'll be okay, I promise," I tell her.

I look her in the eye.

"You have my number. You can text me anytime. I will always pick up or answer you as soon as I can. Okay? I won't leave you." I promised her. She sticks her pinky out.

"You promise?"
"I Promise."

How was the chapter?? let me know in the comments!! Fiona will become an important character in the story later on, I promise. I'm so exited for this story. Thank you so much for reading and voting though! Love you all!

-Shanaya XOXO

Coffee Boy and Cupcake Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें