chapter 104- how to deal with bitchy bartenders

Chapter 104

"Wanna dance?" Shanaya asks me. The reception took place in another room, and it was dark, with lights flashing everywhere. She had just come off the dance floor with Anvi and Nyra, while Kaio, Liam and had sat down, talking while they danced.

"Hi Shanaya." Liam says.

"Yo."

"Hey, Shanaya."

"Hi Kaio."

"Wait, he gets a nice 'hi Kaio' and I get a 'yo'?" Liam protests. Shanaya smirks, and pretends to roll up her middle finger. I snort.

"DO I have to?" I jokingly ask.

"I wasn't really asking. That was just me being polite. You're coming to dance with me." She orders, and we chuckle. She sits down in my lap, and grabs a bottle of water, chugging it, her face shiny with sweat.

Anvi runs over to Liam.

"Wanna dance?"

"Your best friend sucks." Liam complains to Anvi.

"Your boyfriend's a whiny bitch." Shanaya retorts and Kaio and I laugh.

"Am not!"

"Oh, you so are." Anvi says. She takes his hand, and tugs him away. I see Kaio's eyes wander around searching for Nyra. Shanaya notices.

"Nyra's over there, talking to some of Nikul's friends, if you were wondering."

"Thanks, Shanaya."

"No problem." I see his jaw clench when Nyra laughs at some joke that his friend made. Shanaya stifles a laugh.

"Noah?" She whispers.

"Kaio's jealous." I chuckle at her bluntness.

"I know, love. It's quite obvious." She giggles.

"Actually, you know what? You stay here, I have another.. Dance partner in mind." She smirks, and my eyes narrow.

"No you don't." She gets up from my lap.

"You just sit there... looking pretty." My mouth drops open. I turn to Kaio, but he's quite focused on Nyra.

"Just go talk to her, Kaio." I tell him.

"I-"

"Go on. Get your ass out of the seat and go talk to her instead being fucking jealous-" i try dragging him up, when the song changes to a slow one. My eyes search for Shanaya, and she's dancing with someone else. Her hands rest on his shoulders, and his hands touch her waist., as the sway from side to side. Fucking-

"Who's the one who's jealous now, Noah?" Kaio says, and I shoot him the most vicious glare. Shanaya's eyes meet mine, and I walk quickly towards her, when she spins out, I transfer to her partner. My hands tightly grip her waist, the contact of our bare skin almost electric. I glare at her, and she smirks, then starts laughing.

"How is this funny?" I ask her.

"He's gay." My face relaxes a little, an I can feel my cheeks getting hot. Her arms move across my shoulders, locking at the back of my neck, and I pull her closer to me. My chest was pressed against hers, and her warm chocolate eyes studied me. I didn't miss the way they carefully observed my face, darting down to my lips, then back at me.

"Were you jealous?" She tries to suppress a smile, but it lights up her face anyways.

"Completely. You only belong to one person. That's me. Nobody fucking else." My eyes bore into hers, and she smiled.