4

TW: mentions of abuse

You raced to the chateau searching for your best friend. Walking in, you saw him sitting on the couch.

"John B!" you exasperated, not frustrated with him but with your own problems. Based on the look on your face and the tear stains on your cheeks, he knew something was wrong. You almost never cry.

"What's wrong?" he asked as you sat next to him.

"Everything," you began, explaining how your ass of a boyfriend cheated on you, your dad was never there because he worked all the time, your mom was still a dead beat excuse for a mother, the only thing that holds you together, your sister, was leaving for college in a few days and you don't know how to handle it all.

"I'm so sorry, y/n," John B apologized for nothing he's done wrong and wrapped a comforting arm around you.

"Life isn't fair, suck it up," you heard the harsh words for the one you hated most. Okay maybe not the most, but JJ was pretty high on your most hated list.

"Fuck you," you spat back.

"No, you don't get to cry and whine about how your life sucks when other people are going through far worse." You scoffed at his words and rose to your feet, taking a few steps closer to him.

"I may still have both of my parents technically around but as far as I'm concerned, we're in the same boat. Your mother left. My father isn't ever home. Your father and my mother are both pieces of shit. You have John B and the other pogues to keep you sane. All I have is my sister and John B and my sister is leaving me. Just like everyone else and my boyfriend of the year just cheated on me and to be honest, I'm not surprised. Who wouldn't cheat on me because I'm probably no good anyway." The tension between you and JJ rose and after you finished speaking, JJ stepped closer to you.

"Does your mom hit you?" he asked quietly so John B wouldn't hear and as the tears brimmed your eyes, you nodded. JJ wrapped his arms around you and you cried into his chest. That's when things between you and JJ changed and you found out he wasn't so bad.