95

You just could not fall asleep. You tossed and turned and tried to get comfortable but you just couldn't. So you gave up for a minute and left to go get a glass of water. Upon returning and laying back down, you noticed something was wrong with JJ. He was tossing and turning similar to you, but his breathing was a little off and quicker paced. He was letting out light whimpers and small gasps for air. He'd twitch and shake and you could see the light sheen of sweat that laid on his forehead. Something was wrong.

"JJ," you whispered, bringing a hand up to gently shake his shoulder but it wasn't much use. "JJ," you tried again, speaking a little louder and shaking him a little harder.

"Y/n... y/n, are you okay?" he mumbled lazily, his words slurring together in his sleepy state.

"Yes, JJ. I'm fine. Wake up," you muttered, still trying to wake him up.

"Did he hurt you? If he hurt you, I'll kill him. I'll..." his words trailed off before his eyes shot open and he gasped for air. Your face in such close proximity to his after that experience scared him, but when he saw it was only you, he sighed a breath of relief and was quick to wrap you in his arms.

"JJ, are you okay?" you asked as you tried to lift your head to look at him, but he held you so tightly to his chest that you couldn't really move.

"Yeah," he whispered, "yeah, I'm okay. Just a bad dream but as long as you're okay, so am I."

"Are you sure? Do you want to talk about it?" you inquired, finally lifting your head to look over his face. Reaching up, you wiped his sweat off on your sleeve and cupped his face to make him look at you directly.

"No sweetheart, just stay next to me and I'll be fine." And so you did. You cuddled close to the distressed blond while he held you tight and with you in his arms, he fell asleep peacefully as did you.