106

"okay," jj spoke as he put on your favorite show, "i've got to go to work but you will be okay, right?"

"yes, jj. i've just got a little cold. i'll be fine," you reassured him while he fetched a blanket and laid it on top of you, tucking it in around your sides to make sure you were snug and warm. a beep coming from the microwave alerted jj that the soup he had put in there was done so he went to go get it.

"this is really fucking hot so wait a minute before you eat it," he mentioned before almost dropping it on the table next to you from how it was burning his fingertips. you laughed at him as one giggle tickled your throat, sending you into a coughing fit. "i'll go get your medicine and some water."

"thank you," you whispered in a hoarse voice when he came back into the room to set down the items he went to get.

"anything for my girl," he replied before slipping his arms around you, holding you tightly against him. he truly didn't want to leave you when you were sick.

"jj?"

"yeah?"

"i can't breathe," you giggled as he released you and sat next to your laying body.

"you sure you don't want me to stay?" he inquired again while you rolled your eyes.

"no jj. go to work. sarah said she and john b will be stopping by later anyway so i'll be okay." jj leaned over your face to press his lips gently to your warm forehead.

"take the tylenol so your fever goes down. i'll see you later. feel better!" he shouted as he neared the door.

"bye jj!"