141

warnings: not proofread, pregnant!reader, rough pregnancy, jj being the best partner ever

from the outside looking in, you probably didn't look the most excited to become a mom. that couldn't be farther from the truth. you were extremely happy to be able to have your own child, but man was this pregnancy killing you. you felt sick and tired all the time. your hormones were all over the place. you had aches and pains in your hips and back and your boobs were super sore. you had to pee constantly. the list went on.

though you did feel like hell, you couldn't be more grateful for jj. he was there with you through it all and did his best to make sure you felt as comfortable as you could feel given the circumstances.

he laid with you now, your head on his chest and his hand rubbing up and down your back as the smell of your favorite dinner still filled your house after you ate. he had made you some tea to try and help with your nausea as well. he was always there and patient and sweet.

"jj," you called before moving your head to face him better. you weren't meaning to get emotional, but the tears filled your eyes quicker than you could comprehend.

"hey," he whispered softly, "what's wrong, baby?"

"nothing. i just was gonna say that i love you, but," you paused to sniffle, "these stupid baby hormones are making me cry at everything." you moved to hide your face in the crook of his neck while he felt his heart squeeze. he hated that he couldn't help you with everything because if he could, he would.

"oh, sweetheart," he cooed as he moved his head to press a kiss to your temple, "i love you too baby so much."

a moment of silence passed as you calmed yourself before jj spoke up again. "are you ready to head to bed, sweet thing?"

you chucked into his skin—a reaction he adored much more than your tears—and nodded your head. you regretted it as soon as you got up though because that pain in your hips came back. jj knew what was wrong by the way your hands held the pained area.

"can i carry you to bed?" he asked it in that way because he knew that if he asked if you wanted him to, you'd say no, but if he said it like he wanted to with your approval, you were more likely to say yes which you did.

once you were both settled in bed, jj wrapped his arms around you once more. you pressed a kiss to his jaw and said, "you know how much i appreciate you, right?"

"yeah, i just-" he sighed, "i kinda feel bad. i wasn't the best at checking the dates on the condoms we used and i didn't realize they'd expired. i feel like it's my fault you're in pain and suffering all the time."

"jj, no. was this planned? not at all, but i think it happened for a reason. and yeah, this isn't the most fun right now, but a little bit of bad is going to lead to a lifetime of good. all of this won't matter once we hold him."

"her," jj corrected, adamant you were carrying a girl while you felt the exact opposite.

"that part is debatable, but whatever they are, we will love them with all our hearts and all of this will be in the past," you told him honestly before a smirk pulled at your lips, "but they are definitely your kid."

"why's that?" the blond played along, curious to your reasoning.

"because you both are a pain in the ass."