127

"i'll be so careful," you responded before making your way into the storm drain. the boys weren't going in and you lost to kie in rock paper scissors.

"i deserve that," pope muttered with a sigh, kiara nodding along with him.

"just, uh, holler if you need anything, okay? we'll, uh... we'll holler back," jj's voice called out to you as you continued down the tunnel of the storm drain.

"thank you, jj. very helpful." sarcasm dripped from your voice while you trekked on. you really didn't want to do this, but luck wasn't on your side today, more than you would've liked. "guys, i think i've found something," you called out to the trio of your friends when you felt something in the murky water of the catch basin.

pope asked the question they all wanted the answer to. "is it the gun?"

"pope! pope! oh my god!" you attempted to catch your breath when your eyes laid on what you grabbed, immediately dropping the poor soul. "you guys, there's something dead in here," you whined in utter disgust. god, you hated this but all you had to do was find the gun and then y'all could finally prove how bad of a man ward was. "you guys owe me for life! you better be glad i love you all!"

"hey, those words are reserved for me!" jj shouted back to you, causing you to roll your eyes. however, the sound of water gurgling and running cut you off from hitting him with a comeback.

"guys? guys, the water! shit!" worry was laced deep in your tone and if you weren't so worried about making it out alive, you'd probably cry. you were going to die drowning in a storm drain.

"we have to get out of here! we have to get her out of there!" jj said frantically.

"y/n, get out of there now!" pope called to you but you knew it was no use.

"i don't have time!"

"grab the bars," kie suggested right before the water pushed against them. "maybe there's a manhole."

"we're gonna get you out, y/n! don't worry!" jj shouted back to you before they left to find another way to get you out.

"i'm trying but it's a little difficult," you responded as you climbed up the ladder. however, you feared the water would beat you up.

"y/n!" you heard jj's voice come from above you.

"jj! guys! please!" panic was at an all time high and the water wasn't rising any slower. in fact, you swore it was going faster. it kept coming up with no mercy while jj, pope, and kiara relentlessly attempted to lift the manhole cover and you pushed up against it. "jj," was the last word you whimpered out before taking a deep breath and letting the water rise above your head. this was it. this was the end.

until you felt six hands on your arms pulling you up. choking and gasping for air, you got most of the water out of your system and gripped onto your friends tightly, specifically jj.

"i thought i was going to die down there," you whispered as you clung to jj's arm.

"you didn't. you are okay. you are okay, right?" he pulled back for a moment to look you over but you nodded.

"i am, but i'd be much worse if i didn't grab this before completely drowning," you told them with a sly smirk before you pulled out the gun you were searching for that had been tucked into the back of your shorts.

"holy shit, you got it!" kiara squealed as she grabbed it from you. pope wore a proud grin while jj hugged you closer.

"you are the best but i am never letting you do something like that again," he sighed into your hair.

"i'm completely okay with that."