119

warnings: anxiety talk

"hey, why aren't you dressed?" jj asked when he climbed up into your room. your parents preferred he use the front door, but where was the fun in that?

"i, um, am not really feeling up to it tonight," you mumbled, your eyes fixating on your hands that rested in your lap.

"what's wrong?" jj inquired when he sat down next to you and pulled one of your hands out of your lap to hold.

"i just have a lot going on right now. school is super stressful and you know how i get at parties. i just feel like if i go tonight, i might not be able to handle it. anxiety and stuff, you know, and i really don't want to disappoint you, but i truly can't tonight. you can go without me though. i don't mind." your eyes finally looked up to meet his and the frown he wore made you a tad more worried.

"baby, you could never disappoint me. if i'm being completely honest, i didn't want to go anyway so john b and sarah can go on their own this time. you don't have to be ashamed around me i promise. let's just stay in and watch a movie, okay? a disney one because i know those are your favorite," he offered and you had never loved him more than you did right at that moment.

"yeah, that sounds good," you whispered as his face neared yours. you leaned in as well and pressed your lips to his.

"everything's going to be okay, babe. we're going to stay in, watch movies, cuddle, order in. pizza or chinese?" he rambled on while the feeling of love for him swirled within your chest. you kissed him once more before answering him.

"whatever you want, jj."