132

"i'm gonna go get another beer. anyone want anything?" you offered up when you rose to your feet off of the hammock you shared with jj who wasn't too happy that you and your warmth for leaving him, but if it was only for a little bit, he felt he could be patient. the rest of the crew was near, sitting around the bonfire jj and john b assembled earlier with pope's supervision of course.

"can you get me a water? please y/n?" sarah asked of you in an overly sweet tone, her drunkness getting to her more than she should comprehend currently. she had grabbed your hand as if she was prepared to full-on beg you, but you were going to get her the requested beverage as soon as she asked for it.

"of course, i can," you returned in a similar saccharine voice before pope and john b asked for you to get them some beers as well.

once inside, you made your way to the fridge and collected four beer bottles—one for jj though he didn't ask for it—and set them down on the counter to grab sarah's bottle of water. only you caught a glimpse of a figure standing by the doorframe, startling you, but thankfully, you'd just put down the first four drinks or else, the floor could possibly be littered with glass shards and cold beer.

"jesus, j! you scared me," you scolded while trying to get your heart to calm down in your chest. it felt like it was going to pump right out of you. Still, since seeing it was just jj and not some psycho murderer attempting to kill you or something, it along with your breathing slowed to an average pace when you noticed the cerulean eyes of the one you loved had a certain glint to them. "why are you looking at me like that?"

his smile widened slightly as he made his way over to you. his hands found your waist while your eyes peered curiously up at his own. you knew he was plotting something beneath the mess of golden locks, but what it was exactly was a mystery to you at the moment.

he dipped his head down to be closer to yours where his breath could be felt hitting your lips. that small smirk of his widened before he whispered gently, "because you're beautiful."

playfully, you rolled your eyes at his sickening sweetness and moved your smiling mouth to be closer to his as well. his top lip just barely brushed your bottom one before you heard a faint oh come from the kitchen's entrance.

you each turned toward the source of the interruption and spotted an amused john b. "sorry to bother you guys," he prefaced though his facial expression suggested he truly felt the opposite of his words, "but sarah is about to cry if she doesn't get some water asap so..."

"c'mon dude, you totally ruined the moment," jj complained whilst watching his best friend grab the water bottle he came for and two of the beers you had set aside for him and pope. john b held in his giggles for as long as he could, but you both could hear him laughing when he was back outside.

"at least i've got you all to myself now," jj sighed in relief, his lips nearing yours, but a cough alerted you both that you still were not alone.

"no, you actually don't," kiara spoke up with an awkward smile on her face. "just keep it down, yeah? i gotta pee and i don't wanna hear y'all macking on each other."

"do you just wanna go to my place?" you offered jokingly though you wouldn't be opposed if he agreed. alone time with jj was always a good time.

"honestly, yeah. let's ditch these losers."