28

"Look at me," JJ pleaded, sadness laced in his voice.

"I don't want to look at you, asshole," you spat as you maintained your gaze on the floor of the chateau and you took a few steps back.

"Tell me what's wrong," he pressed again but you didn't want to talk. You backed into the wall before shuffling to the side and into his room, shutting the door behind you and locking it.

"Don't push me away, y/n. I don't know what's wrong so I don't know how to fix this," he spoke from the other side of the door.

You let your body lean against the wood of the door and it slid down until you were sat on the floor. You finally felt okay enough to let your bottled-up feelings out and the tears fell from your eyes. You tried your best to be quiet but one muffled sob was slightly louder than the others.

"Babe, are you crying? You have to tell me what happened. I can't do anything if you-"

"You know exactly what the fuck you did!" you shouted before you heard him fumbling with the doorknob. You stood, having enough, and opened the door.

His blue eyes softened at the sight of you as he tried to step forward but you stepped back. You wiped your tears on your sleeve before realizing it was actually JJ's sleeve. You threw his shirt off before finding one of your own to wear.

"You fucking cheated, asshole. I know about it so go and be with her and leave me the hell alone," you seethed as you pushed past him, heading for the door.

"Y/n, you're the love of my life. I would never cheat on you," the blond spoke with such softness and the words stopped you in your tracks.

"But you're gone more than normal. You have been acting different and Rafe said-"

"Rafe? You believed him?" He shook his head as he collected himself and dug around in his pocket.

"I've been gone more because I've been working more and I've been acting differently because I didn't want to spoil the surprise but if it's going to ruin our relationship, then fuck it," he stated as he pulled out something from his pocket and placed it in your hand.

"I was going to give it to you next week on our one year, but you need to see it now." You looked down at the object in your palm, noticing the silver heart connected to a chain with your birthstone in the center. More tears spilled down your face as you met his gaze.

"Do you like it?" he asked sheepishly and you nodded.

"Yes JJ, I love it but now I feel like shit. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and listened to Rafe. I don't deserve you. You-you could do so much better," you spoke through sobs as he wrapped his arms around your body.

"Hey, no, it's okay. I would've done the same thing and it's me who doesn't deserve you, y/n. I love you so much," he whispered as he wiped your tears away.

"I love you too, J," you mumbled as you rested your pounding head against his chest.

"Can I put the necklace on you, love?" he asked so gently, scared he could possibly break you but you smiled.

"Yes, sweetheart, please." He did and led you to the bathroom so you could see it. "It's beautiful, JJ."

"So are you."