88

"I'm gonna be back in a week, J," you mumbled against his lips before you felt a wetness hit your cheek. You weren't feeling overly emotional, maybe a little sad but there were tears on your face. When you pulled away for a second, you saw who they were coming from. "Why are you crying, sweetheart?"

"I- it's really stupid but I'm scared that when you go, you're gonna fall in love with the campus, and then you'll leave me to go there," he admitted, his hands trailing down your arms until they met yours and he intertwined your fingers together.

"Babe," you started before lifting his head up with your joined hands to make him look at you, "I am just going there to get my dad to shut up about it. I know I'm gonna hate it because only a bunch of rich snobs like Rafe Cameron go to college there so you will not have to worry about me going there. The campus is pretty but everything else makes it hideous."

"So you aren't gonna leave me forever?" he whispered, pressing his lips to your jaw countless times. You were quick to capture his lips in a long passionate kiss, one that told him how much you loved him and how much he meant to you. Seeing him like this made you a tad emotional yourself, tears brimming your eyes as it dawned on you that you would be without your crazy boyfriend for a week and how you'd miss him so much.

"Why are you crying now?" he chuckled a watery laugh as he caught the one tear that managed to escape and held your cheek in his calloused hand.

"Because I'm gonna miss you dumbass," you laughed, turning your head slightly to place your lips against his palm.

"Y/n! Sweetie, we need to leave now!" your mother shouted from the other side of your door.

"I'll grab your suitcase," JJ stated before he bent down to pull on the handle and drag it behind you two. You got in the passenger seat after putting your bags up and JJ stood there with the door still open. "I'm gonna miss you but have a little fun. Not too much though."

You laughed at the endearing mess of a blond in front of you and pulled him into you by his arm. It wasn't the most passionate kiss nor as long as you would've wanted but your mom was waiting on you. You savored every moment as did JJ and then you had to pull away.

"I'll text you when I get there and then I'll call you later tonight," you told him before he nodded and shut the door for you after laying a quick kiss to your lips. As your mom pulled out of the driveway, JJ waved at you and you waved back, continuing to wave until the two of you couldn't see each other anymore. And just like that, it would be a week of enduring your father's alma mater until you would see your beloved boyfriend again.