123

warnings: a couple of gunshots

being at the crain house always heightened the spooky factor and added to the uneasiness of the group but you had to be here to scope out the place. the chance of there being gold here was high and the treasure hunt was the most fun you'd had in a while.

"do you believe in ghosts?" jj asked aloud which caused you to roll your eyes.

"are you serious?" you giggled but based on the glare he sent your way, he was.

"why wouldn't i be serious? it's a serious question," he argued as his jaw set. oh, how you loved to set him off.

"it was a stupid question but go off i guess," you shrugged after speaking, your eyes leaving him to look for a well. the blond stomped over to you and turned you to face him but when his icy blues met your face, he let out a gasp. "what? is there something on my face?"

"that's your face? oh, i thought it was a mask," he chided with a smirk.

"oh, that's real funny, jj," you started to bicker with the boy. you hadn't even noticed the volume had escalated tremendously in the basement with not only yours and jj's arguing but also kie's and john b's until pope called all the attention to where he was. damn it, the boy found the well so you'd have to be back in this hellhole with the maybank boy again.

...

"guys, guys! she's coming!" you alerted the three boys when you heard kiara and sarah following after you, mrs. crain probably not too far behind. pope and jj started yelling down the well for john b while you girls ran to leave. if only you hadn't tripped over the rope that jj held.

"of fucking course. watch what you're doing asshole," you griped as you grabbed his hand that he held out to help you up. while you loved to get on each other's nerves, you were still friends. when you were almost on your feet, a gunshot sounded throughout the basement causing you to scream.

"scream for me, my little banshee," jj jeered, all about teasing until another one rang out hitting the wall next to you. it startled jj to the point where he dropped you and fell with you, landing right on top of your chest. "dude, are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fine. just my head is pounding, my ankle hurts, and the room is spinning but other than that, i'm good," you responded, sarcasm dripping from your voice. "get off me and help me up."

"oh yeah," he spoke as if the situation you all were in currently had left his mind. helping you up, he brought your arm over his shoulders to take some the weight off your ankle.

"pope, help me get her over the wall!" jj called to his best friend. together, they helped you up and over without any added pressure to your probably sprained ankle. quickly, you all rushed to the van but jj pulled you to lay in the front with him as he drove. "i came here expecting a trick, but you're a real treat."

"jj, i love you but please save the jokes for when we get back to the chateau and i've had some pain meds," you pleaded, your head causing you too much pain to even think.

"guys! did you hear that? y/n said she loved me! i'm going to need that in writing, i hope you know that."