143

warnings: not proofread, luke mention, use of pet names (baby)

you could see jj from where you were on the couch in the chataeu's living room, the boy working away at stirring the hot chocolate mix into the heated milk in his glass.

"hey, jj?" you called out to him across the room. in seconds, his bright blue eyes filled with love for you landed on you.

"yeah, baby?"

"can i have some cocoa too?" you requested timidly. he had asked you earlier if you wanted some; originally, you didn't. but now, you could smell his and you didn't want to annoy him by asking for a sip of his once he got back over here though you knew he'd happily let you have some if you asked.

a smirk pulled at his lips. "i knew you'd come around," he shared with a chuckle as he reached into the cupboard for another glass for you.

once he had both cups ready and filled to the brim with marshmallows, he started making his way over to you, careful not to let a marshmallow fall over the edge—he had them piled on pretty high.

"you know, my dad was a piece of shit. we can all agree on that, but he did teach me one good thing," jj prefaced when handing you your beverage and taking a seat next to you. "you can never have too many marshmallows."

"you got that right."