112

season 2 spoilers if you haven't seen it already!!

warnings: violence; mention of a knife; loss of consciousness

"clear?" jj whispered to you as you peered around the corner. once you saw that all was indeed clear, you gave him a quick nod and led the way to where you thought john b would be with the lifeboat.

"i don't see him," the blond mentioned when he looked into the water, not a lifeboat in sight. your eyes were focused on the brooding man in front of you, one you had never seen before but could only guess was that he was the captain that cleo was telling you all about earlier in the storage container.

"jj," you warned, bringing his attention to the problem at hand. the man asked you both to get down on your knees, but that wasn't going to happen. no, a fight was going to happen. you each laid punches and kicks to his body, but he wasn't letting up. he sent you into a wall, the hard impact of the metal smacking you right at the bottom of your skull. as you recovered, you saw jj looking over the edge of the boat again while he desperately searched for john b. that was seeming to be the only unscathed way out of this. however, since his eyes laid upon the emptiness of the ocean, he didn't see his opponent coming his way. "jj!"

you sprung to action, jj's realization of the situation being far too late for him to do anything, so you grabbed the man's wrist of the hand that held the large knife and your other arm looped around his neck. he wrestled around with you before his elbow jabbed into your gut, you stumbling back a few steps. he swung the knife at jj, only to miss and the blunt end of it knocked you out and over the rim of the ship.

as you were passed out in the sea, jj kicked the guy away and called after you in the water. when you didn't respond, he jumped in. "y/n!" he yelled while he swam your way. his arm went around your middle to turn your body face-up and he felt like he was living one of his worst fears when he saw that you were unresponsive. his legs kicked to keep you both afloat as he kept begging for you to wake up, pleading that this wasn't the end for you. he couldn't have his best friend and the person he loved most die in his arms. he just couldn't.

"y/n, wake up. you have to wake up. please. for me, please you have to wake up. i- i need you. just wake up," he chanted, praying and hoping that you would just open your beautiful eyes so he could swoon over them again. he wanted to hear your voice as it always brought him comfort. he wanted to feel your warmth, not how cold you felt right now. "john b's coming soon, okay? he has to be so just stay with me, alright? hold on a little longer for me, please. you can do that, i know you can."

"john b! help!" he screamed. he was a good swimmer, but he could feel his muscles growing tired of keeping you both above the surface for so long. he needed john b to get here and fast. he heard the sound of the boat coming their way and relief flooded his body. the pogues shouted at him, saying they were coming, then he heard the yells of his friends when they saw you passed out. "help her up, man," jj instructed as he passed you over to john b while pope and kie assisted him in. once in the boat, he sat down and pulled your head to lay in his lap. even when the engine stalled out for a moment, all of jj's focus was on you. he just wanted to you look up at him and tell him it would all be okay. he knew if he heard that, then his nerves would wash away.

"y/n, please," he spoke in a broken voice as his teary eyes laid upon you. "wake up," he whispered and as if you heard it and listened, you coughed up some of the water that had entered your lungs and looked around at the scene you didn't remember entering. your eyes lifted to meet the tear-lined blue ones and you knew he was probably so worried about you. "hey," he greeted as if you hadn't almost died and this was a completely normal situation.

"hi," you giggled in return and he was so overcome with the happiness that you were alive that he pulled you into his arms immediately.

"i'm so glad you're okay," he softly said into your ear.

"i always said it would be," you told him while pulling away, both of your eyes staring into one another's. you let your sight travel to all the other occupants on the boat and your smile widened. "so, what'd i miss?"