40

"Can I hold your hand?" you asked JJ as you watched Barry walk by. He was a good way away from you but just seeing him brought back the bad memories and terror filled you. JJ caught onto the fact that you were scared and nodded, slipping his hand into yours.

You remained seated on the wood at the beach and looked over your shoulder to see where he went. Sure enough, he went to find Rafe and if he couldn't find him, he would probably come for you next. Even though you and Rafe weren't together anymore, he knew that Rafe still had feelings for you and he would use that and you if he needed to.

"I'm gonna leave," you whispered to the blond and he stood with you. He followed you away from the crowd and into the trees as you found the path the led to the main road.

"You seem tense," he mumbled. You shot him a look. You didn't think it was that obvious. "Your grip on my hand is very tight," he laughed.

"Oh sorry," you apologized as you dropped his hand. "It's just Barry. He scares me."

"But you should have nothing to worry about. You're not with Rafe anymore," JJ tried to help.

"Barry doesn't care. He's come to my house several times when he can't find Rafe and says that if Rafe doesn't pay up soon that it'll become my problem too. I've seen him do some ruthless shit and I don't want it done to me," you confessed your fears.

"Stay with us and you won't have to worry about him, okay?" JJ attempted to reassure you and you smiled at him.

"Okay."