61

"Did you see that little girl? She was the cutest little thing," you gushed to JJ when you two passed a little girl with two adorable braids in her hair. She made sure to swing the braids when she walked and it was literally the cutest thing you had seen all day.

"Yeah, she was cute," JJ spoke nonchalantly, making your mood drop when he wasn't as excited about it as you were.

"Um J, I think we need to talk about something before we move any further in our relationship." Your words caused JJ to stop in his tracks and turn to look at you. You looked at him with a smile before grabbing his hand. "We can walk while we talk, silly."

"So how does your future look to you?" you started off the conversation, terrified of its ending.

"I don't really know. I hope I'll have a good job and I'd like for you to still be around," he joked as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders and squeezing you into him.

"Yeah, but what about a family? Like do you want kids?" Asking that took a lot of courage especially when you were sure his answer would be no, but you had to try.

"I, um, I don't think I can. I don't know what I'll do," he mumbled before dropping his arm from around you.

"How do you mean?" you asked before you stopped walking. JJ sighed before turning to you with sad eyes.

"I'm scared that I'll turn out just like my dad," he muttered as his bottom lip trembled. You were quick to wrap your arms around him and hold him against you.

"JJ, you are nothing like your father. You are so much better and sweeter than him. You actually care about people and you don't let yourself go. You are an amazing person and you can't let what your father did become who you are."

"So you really think I could be a good dad one day?" he asked when he pulled away from your embrace, tear stains on his cheeks.

"Yes, you will make a great father one day." You watched as a smile grew on his face and it warmed your heart at the sight.

"Okay because I want that. I want the happy family and I want that with you."