89

"Where's the rest of the gang?" you questioned when you walked into the chateau and saw only the blond sorting through some DVDs for the movie night you guys were all having. His blue eyes met yours as an instant smile spread on his face at the sight of you.

He was so in love with you and had not one clue about it though John B and Pope would tease him about it often. You'd roll your eyes at the antics of the pair before teasing John B about Sarah and Pope about Kie which got both of the boys to quiet down about you and JJ.

"They went to get some more snacks and milkshakes. I told them to get you a chocolate milkshake from Jerry's and some dill pickle chips. That's what you like, right?" He knew he had it right but he wanted to double-check. You sent him a nod before walking his way to see what movie options y'all were looking at.

"You'd like this one," the blond spoke as he pulled out the scarier-looking option of the three he held. A small grin grew on your face at the boy who knew you so well and it made your heart swell. No one really ever paid attention to you but JJ obviously did.

"We can watch the scary one first and then this one after it to lessen the scary tension so no one has any nightmares and can actually fall asleep tonight." You both laughed while JJ pulled the disc out and placed it in the DVD player to get it ready for when the others arrived.

"You should probably go pee before the movie starts. You always forget to and have to leave in the middle of it," JJ reminded you, noticing yet another thing about you that you hadn't even picked up on about yourself. It was showing that the boy really cared about you and noticed you. The feeling overwhelmed you as you found yourself wrapping your arms around JJ's waist.

You weren't a particularly physically affectionate person so this caught the blond off guard a tad. He however was quick to reciprocate, holding your body close to his. He had never actually hugged you before and he was loving the feeling of you two so close together, trying to soak it up while it lasted.

"Are you okay?" he whispered, scared he'd ruin the moment between the two of you.

"Thank you," you mumbled into his chest, inhaling his scent and taking in every bit of the boy you hadn't realized you might actually be in love with too.

"For what?" he giggled as he pulled you away from him so he could look at your face.

"For noticing me and caring about me always. No one's ever done that with me before."

"Of course I notice and care about you, y/n. I love you." He hadn't meant to let the three words slip but he did. This was also the first time he had said those words to you and he only hoped he hadn't completely messed up by doing so.

"I love you too JJ," you muttered before you worked up the courage and pressed your lips to his cheek for a second. "Now I'll go to the bathroom."