118

warnings: drinking, mentions of smoking weed

"is that your brother coming over here?" your friend asked when she spotted jj making his way to you.

"adopted brother," you corrected as you made eye contact with the mess of a blond pushing through the masses of the kegger before you rolled your eyes and turned back to your friend. you threw back the rest of what was left in your cup and then grabbed hers.

"so it's okay if i find him hot?" she piped up while the burning liquid of her drink cascaded down your throat. you had to fight back a groan at her words as you gulped down some of the beverage.

"if you want to be a one-night stand, then be my guest," you told her before you felt a hand grip your shoulder, turning you around to meet the fuming eyes of your brother.

"hey, peanut," jj stated through gritted teeth. making him angry really brought you joy sometimes. "what are you doing here?"

"what does it look like, jj?" you inquired before bringing the cup back to your lips to drink, only for it to be ripped from your hand and thrown on the ground. "oh, real classy, j."

"you are too young to be here and to be doing this. don't throw your life away for a little fun," he talked down to you and you just could not hold back rolling your eyes.

"throw my life away? i'm not an idiot. i know my limits and would never let myself get absolutely trashed. yes, i do it for fun but i'm not trying to numb my feelings or forget anything. i'm smart about it, but it seems you often forget i have a brain. and too young? jj, do tell me when you first had alcohol or smoked weed or had sex because i'm so sure you were old enough to do that shit too," you spat at him, showing him of his hypocrisy. jj took in a breath while his shoulders fell.

"peanut," he sighed, but you held up a hand.

"don't 'peanut' me. not right now." he sighed before speaking with more thought behind his words.

"i'm just worried about you. yes, i did those things but they came with a price. it got me into trouble and made me happy in the moment but most of the time, not after. i... i am just worried about you, y/n. you know i hate seeing you hurt." he did hate seeing you hurt and while he went about it the wrong way, jj was a hothead and you had to take that into consideration. your eyes rolled again, this time playfully, before you stepped closer to the blond and wrapped your arms around his waist. "i'm sorry. you are the smartest maybank i know so i should've trusted you more."

"it's okay," you whispered against his t-shirt as his arms tightened around your body, his hand coming up to pat your head.

"can i call you peanut again?" he pleaded, causing a giggle to slip past your lips.

"yes."

"i love you, peanut."

"i love you too, j."