20

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" the blond asked sheepishly which was weird for you, considering he's a normally confident guy. It caught your attention immediately and had to see what was up.

"Yes, of course," you spoke as he led you to the hammock, away from your friends and some other people who sat around the fire.

"I'm just gonna say this now because I'm too scared to say it sober but I like you," he confessed as he gazed deeply into your eyes. You didn't want to because you didn't want to hurt his feelings but you busted out into a fit of laughter.

"No fucking way," you spoke sarcastically. "I would've never guessed."

"Was it that obvious?" He scratched at the back of his head and looked down at the grass below you two.

"I mean a little. You've told me a lot of times when you were really drunk and just the way you act around me made it pretty obvious. The rest of the pogues also have a bet going on to see how long it will take for you to finally ask me out," You spoke as you reached over and grabbed his hand, intertwining your fingers with his.

"I like you too by the way." He smiled up at you and pressed his lips against your cheek.

"Well, can I take you out next weekend?" he questioned and you nodded.

"I would love that, JJ," you whispered as you stood up and pulled him up with you. "Now let's go tell Pope that he won the bet."