114

warnings: mentions of drinking and smoking

"sarah, why did you drag me here? i'm not ready for something like this," you informed her while looking around at everyone at the kegger. you'd just gone through a breakup with a long-term boyfriend and yes, things were getting better but you didn't want to put yourself out there again, at least not right now. you were okay with going out to eat with sarah and sarah alone, but not to a whole ass party with several people who were too drunk or high to comprehend their surroundings.

"because you need to stop moping around. henderson was an asshole and you need to get over his sorry ass and have some fun. i'm not asking you to meet someone. i just want to drink a little and dance with my best friend, okay?" you could never say no to those big brown eyes and she knew that. a smile quickly dawned on her lips before she pulled you towards the keg. john b was manning the keg and grabbed you both a cup while kiara sat to the side, a blunt in hand. as you sipped from your drink while sarah's was being filled, you caught a set of blue eyes across the mass of people. the blond sent you a gentle smile, one that warmed you from the inside out, and you were quick to return it. when you saw jj wrap up his conversation with the guy he was talking to and make his way towards you, you took a few more sips of your beer and tapped sarah's wrist with your pinky. her brows furrowed at you before she followed your line of sight and smirked.

"kiara, we haven't caught up in a bit. how are you?" sarah spoke up while plopping down on the driftwood next to the curly-headed brunette. you could've strangled her in that moment, but refrained.

"jb, wanna top me off?" jj asked, handing his red cup to his best friend who rolled his eyes and obliged. once again, those cerulean irises found your own. "do you need more too?"

"oh no, i'm good. thank you," you responded as he showed you a toothy grin that made you feel something. maybe this kegger wasn't such a bad idea after all.