21

"A ouija board on Halloween: what could go wrong?," you spoke sarcastically as you felt the van come to a stop.

"Wait until you see where we're playing it," John B grinned at you all sitting in the back. He wouldn't let anyone sit up front with him so no one would see where he was taking you. Kie pulled the sliding door back and you all noticed the familiar top of a house that no one wanted to be at.

"The Crain house? Really, JB?" JJ questioned as his grip on your hand tightened.

"Aww, it's okay, baby. I'll protect you," you mumbled tauntingly before pressing a kiss to his cheek. He rolled his eyes and pulled you off his lap as you all piled out of the vehicle. John B had the board and you all followed him over the stone wall and down to the basement. He laid everything out and it wasn't long before all six of you placed two fingers onto the planchette.

Pope asked if anyone was there with you guys and something said yes. Kie asked if they knew Mrs. Crain and again the spirit or whatever said yes. Sarah asked if it was a girl or a boy and the planchette shot to the letter 'm' for male you all assumed.

"Did you know Hollis?" JJ questioned and the planchette moved beneath your fingertips to 'yes'. You rubbed soft circles onto the bare skin of his knee because you knew how bad this place freaked him out.

It was your turn to go next and ask a question but before you could speak, a loud noise came from underneath the floorboards and it had a strange echo come after it.

"Oh no, we aren't doing this. Say goodbye," you told them and they all agreed. You all moved the planchette to goodbye and dashed out of there, quickly hopping the wall and slipping back into the dingy orange van.

"That is the last time we ever listen to John B," Pope announced as he slammed the door shut and John B drove off.

"What do you mean, Pope? I'm basically the leader of this group," he spoke, looking in the rearview mirror at his shaken-up friends. You rolled your eyes before speaking.

"Well, I think it's time for an overthrow."